American Eagle in trouble?

All about the rides at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA and post-Marriott rides, too
NikkiJ8605
Gulf Coaster

American Eagle in trouble?

Post by NikkiJ8605 »

Hey everyone!

First I just want to say that I ran across these boards today and I am already in love with the pictures I've seen and the topics you talk about. I am a huge fan of Great America and I'm always looking for historic info/pictures of the Gurnee park.

On to my question: I visited SFGAM for the first time since 2003 on the 28th of August and I noticed that the on-ride photo counter was removed from the American Eagle! Does anyone know if that's because photo sales were low or something? I hope it's not because American Eagle is considering being torn down :cry: That ride is a classic! Thank you in advance!
xxlatinogueroxx
Yankee Clipper

Re: American Eagle in trouble?

Post by xxlatinogueroxx »

Highly Doubt it. Those were down for a while now. Also, the park thinks AE as a classic as much as you. It will be long for this ride to be down.

Hey Steve I like the SC picture of PGA but where are the recent Gurnee pictures? I hope everybody here wants to see them as much as I do. I mean I go there like every year, but the ones who dont should really see how much it has changed.
Coaster alex0805
Buzzy Bee

Post by Coaster alex0805 »

Actually Eagle Red is closed right now and the train is off the track
06?
redfishpaw
Tidal Wave

Post by redfishpaw »

Coaster alex0805 wrote:Actually Eagle Red is closed right now and the train is off the track
Yeah, for the season. The AE will be around probably be around for a very long time.
RLAiello
Tidal Wave

Post by RLAiello »

Coaster alex0805 wrote:Actually Eagle Red is closed right now and the train is off the track
The park does this often toward the end of the season to get a jump start on rehabbing and upkeep on the ride. When you have two trains like the Eagle has, it's easy to just shut down one side when the weekends start and leave the other running until the end. At least that way you get to ride it, even if it's only one half of the ride.
Rick Aiello
SFGAm Employee 1988-1999