SC Demon recording

All about the rides at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA and post-Marriott rides, too
dpxtreme
Tidal Wave

Post by dpxtreme »

jonrev wrote:Here is the recording in the tunnel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1Kcw0RqYO0
This is actually the recording they're using this season for the Santa Clara park: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeyl4QR7 ... re=related
Demonlover13
Tidal Wave

Post by Demonlover13 »

TripplePlay93 wrote:When did thay stop using the recording in Gurnee, I remember that it was there before.
When they permanantly put the soundtrack back in the queue which was Opening Day this year.
I need a great day this year, or 2, or 30!
missedthemarriotera
Yankee Clipper

Post by missedthemarriotera »

YAY!! my first ever post!!! well, i think that song is really anoying, i love the demon... but that song drives me crazy. i used to go to sixflags 2 times a year when i was 6 and 7, but for the 2008 season was the first time i was there in a while. and if i remember... did the demon used to be on the other side of the park? i thought it was next to the iron wolf... :(
ahahaha
Demonlover13
Tidal Wave

Post by Demonlover13 »

^It never moved. :lol: But I suppose it's sort of close to Iron Wolf
I need a great day this year, or 2, or 30!
missedthemarriotera
Yankee Clipper

Post by missedthemarriotera »

orlly? i thought it was like right next to it? o well i guess...
ahahaha
Arrow Guy
Gulf Coaster

Post by Arrow Guy »

missedthemarriotera, Demon has always been in the same spot since the park opened, but wasn't called Demon until 1980 (when the first 2 loops and theming were added). There was another coaster in Iron Wolf's spot called Z Force. It opened in 1985 and was relocated after the 87 season. There should be pics on here or rcdb.com Is that what you are thinking of?

Was at Fright Fest on the 18th and I couldn't believe they were blasting the theme song at the entrance! What a treat after so many years without a lot of the music & theming. Love the "drain pipe" with the eyes. Too bad they won't reconstruct the original. But kudos to SF. Heck, the whole park rocked. One of the best theme park Halloween events I've been to.
Brad Sherman
Coaster modeler and overall park addict
Only 3 hours from Gurnee's Tidal Wave!