SC Demon recording

All about the rides at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA and post-Marriott rides, too
PGA ROCKS
Tidal Wave

SC Demon recording

Post by PGA ROCKS »

I have a question. In Santa Clara, when you ride Demon, there is a recording of a scary voice. It says, "Welcome to the Demon. I hope you survive..." I can't understand what it says after survive. All I know is he laughs evilly, then some screams are heard. Does anyone know what the recording said after, "I hope you survive..." ? :?:
I miss Tidal Wave
Al
Buzzy Bee

Post by Al »

The recording is as follows; "Welcome to the Demon. I hope you survive in one piece." Hope this helps!
imdaman
Willard's Whizzer

Post by imdaman »

Hey PGA Rocks, I was curious about the same thing, I couldn't get what the voice says after "survive". I'm glad PGA hasn't removed the ride.
PGA ROCKS
Tidal Wave

Post by PGA ROCKS »

Thanks. I just went to Great America yesterday (I have a Wow! pass) and rode Demon. This time i heard it clearly.
I miss Tidal Wave
Demonlover13
Tidal Wave

Post by Demonlover13 »

It's probably a lot easier to hear if you sit in the very back. The problem with the Gurnee one is that it plays way too late so only about the third car can clearly hear the sound effects without having to listen really hard.
I need a great day this year, or 2, or 30!
dpxtreme
Tidal Wave

Post by dpxtreme »

I went to the SC park on Saturday, and the sound in the first tunnel has changed. I wasn't paying attention to what is was, but it was a different sound.
ttd rox
Yankee Clipper

Post by ttd rox »

Demonlover13 wrote:It's probably a lot easier to hear if you sit in the very back. The problem with the Gurnee one is that it plays way too late so only about the third car can clearly hear the sound effects without having to listen really hard.
I didn't even know they played it at SFGAm except at FF.
Whatta day! Whatta place!

Top 3 Coasters: 1. The Incredible Hulk 2. Maverick 3. Dragon Challenge (Fireball)
Demonlover13
Tidal Wave

Post by Demonlover13 »

ttd rox wrote:
Demonlover13 wrote:It's probably a lot easier to hear if you sit in the very back. The problem with the Gurnee one is that it plays way too late so only about the third car can clearly hear the sound effects without having to listen really hard.
I didn't even know they played it at SFGAm except at FF.
Only the 1st tunnel before the lift during the regular season. If you listen carefully to the train going into it, you'll clearly hear it's the demon soundtrack.
ttd rox
Yankee Clipper

Post by ttd rox »

^Ok, I will listen to it this year carefully! :D I guess I should listen to you because you ride it so much so you would know! It would be nicer if they were louder, scarier, and more clear as well.

Top 3 Coasters: 1. The Incredible Hulk 2. Maverick 3. Dragon Challenge (Fireball)
Demonlover13
Tidal Wave

Post by Demonlover13 »

lol, yup. It would be better. They needed to play it louder during fright fest too. Nobody seemed to really notice. If I had it my way, boy.....would that ride be popular.
ttd rox
Yankee Clipper

Post by ttd rox »

^It would also bee cool if they played it through special speakers in the cars and play the "Demon" theme song as well if the cars did have speakers. :D

Demonlover13
Tidal Wave

Post by Demonlover13 »

That would be awesome!!!! Have it play the part with the rules to avoid the demon when you're going up the lift. Then, the song during the rest of the ride.
ILuvTheDemon
Gulf Coaster

Post by ILuvTheDemon »

Demonlover13 wrote:That would be awesome!!!! Have it play the part with the rules to avoid the demon when you're going up the lift. Then, the song during the rest of the ride.
Couldn't they run the rules through the powerhorns along the lift hill that they use for announcements? That way, they wouldn't have to do stuff to the cars and they could put speakers alond the track for the song. By the way, what is the huge powerhorn in the middle of the face rock tunnel used for?

Ps: Demonlover13, if you had your way, I would have my way and we would all be happy, and then the Demon would have the horseshoes open alot because everyone would fall back in love with him again :lol: That's fine with me, as long as I get to ride the demon through a erie sounding, fog filled tunnel, through a swirling tunnel of lights, and then under a blood red waterfall and anything else I missed!
jonrev
Tidal Wave

Post by jonrev »

Here is the recording in the tunnel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1Kcw0RqYO0
Gurnee Ride Op - 2007
TripplePlay93
Yankee Clipper

Post by TripplePlay93 »

When did thay stop using the recording in Gurnee, I remember that it was there before.
Great America, My dream come true

Save Great America Raceway.