New Rides/Attractions for 2006

All about the rides at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA and post-Marriott rides, too
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

Well it already left the confines of its hole in Hometown Sqaure, so yeah now I have no hopes...My only hope to ride something like it again would be the Troika at Bobbejaanland, but it probably won't be there anymore this season since I've seen it for sale online for only 40,000, so yeah, I'm pretty much in a hole right now...
The rides are GREAT, the shows are GREAT, the fun is GREAT, at Marriott's Great America! REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA, REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA!
jonrev
Tidal Wave

Post by jonrev »

Only the center stalk is going to SFOT. TP will be back next year.
Gurnee Ride Op - 2007
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

Sorry, I'm too busy complaining about the SC Triple Play to notice that you guys were talking about the Gurnee TP...
jonrev wrote:Only the center stalk is going to SFOT. TP will be back next year.
Are you sure, who knows whats going on with Six Flags, everything is going out of control... I wouldn't be surprised if it leaves, none of my friends remembered ours, its just that ride over there that is some color scheme that did something. Oh well, hope it stays in your park.

P.S. if it does come back you can rub it everyones face on the SFGAm World forum :D
The rides are GREAT, the shows are GREAT, the fun is GREAT, at Marriott's Great America! REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA, REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA!
SFGAmfreak4life
Willard's Whizzer

Post by SFGAmfreak4life »

that_guy wrote:P.S. if it does come back you can rub it everyones face on the SFGAm World forum :D
That would be fun.
m_force_4_ever
Gulf Coaster

Post by m_force_4_ever »

jonrev wrote:Only the center stalk is going to SFOT. TP will be back next year.
how exactly do you know what is going where, do you work for SF corporate?
Stealthguy05
Gulf Coaster

Post by Stealthguy05 »

Map:

btw i made this rendering, its NOT official!
Last edited by Stealthguy05 on Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

They took out the old Burger's on the run building! I remember looking inside there last season and seeing some of those glass coolers, otherwise the place was run down and empty. I also remember there were some colorful sqaure lamps and the good old Marriott Swivle chairs/tables outside...

It also seems they have expanded into the Area of Triple Play, not with a ride, but probably some garden...ugh

Whats up with the question mark, I thought that area was just going to be left alone since the Disko is being put in at the back of the park...

Where'd you get the map?
WhizzerSFGAm
Yankee Clipper

Post by WhizzerSFGAm »

If you read the part in yellow, it says that he made that map (or atleast the changes to it).
It's Whizzer time!
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

lol, missed that part too, I'm really off this week
Stealthguy05
Gulf Coaster

Post by Stealthguy05 »

WhizzerSFGAm wrote:(or atleast the changes to it).
Yeah, Just was bored and wanted to see how close i will be to the official one later this year, and yes "Burgers On The Run" is no more :shock: .

http://multimedia.pgathrills.com/images ... _2_mc3.JPG

^ Proof in the right bottom half corner
imdaman
Willard's Whizzer

Post by imdaman »

What was burgers on the run called at PGA last season? It was up near the grizzly and drop zone?
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

imdaman wrote:What was burgers on the run called at PGA last season? It was up near the grizzly and drop zone?
It wasn't called anything (wasn't labeled on the map, no sign, etc.), it was an unused building and still had some implements from its resteraunt/deli days inside as of last season.
imdaman
Willard's Whizzer

Post by imdaman »

was it the building that was visible as you exited the grizzly?
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

Yeah, you had to walk around the building to get back to the midway.
steven
Site Admin

PGA Survivor The Ride construction photos from 3 March 2006

Post by steven »

Construction photos of PGA's new-for-2006 Survivor The Ride are here:
http://acenorcal.org/modules/xcgal/thum ... p?album=34.
These were taken today.

Steven