Fiddler's Centerpiece

All about the rides at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA and post-Marriott rides, too
jonrev
Tidal Wave

Fiddler's Centerpiece

Post by jonrev »

What happened to the centerpiece on Fiddler's Fling. It was on there until a few years ago. Now it's just a dome in the middle instead of that crown-looking thing.
Gurnee Ride Op - 2007
RLAiello
Tidal Wave

Re: Fiddler's Centerpiece

Post by RLAiello »

jonrev wrote:What happened to the centerpiece on Fiddler's Fling. It was on there until a few years ago. Now it's just a dome in the middle instead of that crown-looking thing.
Jonrev... the centerpiece on Fiddler's is still (I think) at the Gurnee park, but was removed many years ago at the SC park. Don't know why...

Also the Gurnee cars have the little roof things over them, but the SC park does not. From Steven's pics on the site, it appears that they were both the same at first. When I visited in 1990, the SC ride had been modified. I have pics that I will scan and add soon. (one taken from Delta/Eagle's.)
Rick Aiello
SFGAm Employee 1988-1999
Great America Guy
Buzzy Bee

Post by Great America Guy »

Here is a picture of the Gurnee Fiddler's Fling from 2004. The centerpiece is gone, but the roofs are still on the cars.

http://www.sfgamworld.com/gallery/FFlin ... ersFling02
jonrev
Tidal Wave

Post by jonrev »

I know there's still roofs on the cars. I'm talking about the huge lighted centerpiece that was in the middle of the ride. Neither of the parks still have the lights attached.
Gurnee Ride Op - 2007
yankee Clipper91
Willard's Whizzer

Post by yankee Clipper91 »

For the Gurnee centerpiece It had to been taken out in the late 1990's. I have a picture of me on the ride and the centerpiece was still there. I think that the picture was taken in 1997. The only way I can tell is I have another picture of the Condor and I could see Giant Drop in the background.
RIP Sky Whirl (1976-2000)