Z-Force Memories

All about the rides at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA and post-Marriott rides, too
NotBill
Yankee Clipper

Post by NotBill »

As I remember Wolf was part of the Ride Rotation program too, I think it was a Wesray era deal. One of these days I'm going to brush up on the whole corporate culture of Six Flags and try to figure things like that out.

As a seasonal employee at SFGA though you had no clue about corporate dealings (especially when you're a kid who's more concerned about beer and well.....other things!).

Wolf being portable ended up leading to the inevitable "Wolf is sinking!!" rumor that persisted almost from the get go. Of course, I believe that rumor was quite fervently pushed by two co-workers of mine who were termed by getting Wolf to set up using a quarter (fun with proximity sensors!!).

--Guy
Guy Finley
aka "Bill" Finley
SFGAm Employee 1988 - 1992
Glorfindel7
Tidal Wave

Post by Glorfindel7 »

jonrev wrote:Standing But Not Operating
This is interesting because I just checked the Magic Mountain Web Site and it lists "Flashback" as one of its innovative coasters, leading me to believe that it is still operating, just not on a regular basis?
redfishpaw
Tidal Wave

Post by redfishpaw »

NotBill wrote:As I remember Wolf was part of the Ride Rotation program too, I think it was a Wesray era deal. One of these days I'm going to brush up on the whole corporate culture of Six Flags and try to figure things like that out.

--Guy
When Iron Wolf was installed I had asked management if it was part of the rotation program like Zforce. I was told "No, Iron Wolf is going to stay here"
jonrev
Tidal Wave

Post by jonrev »

Glorfindel7 wrote:
jonrev wrote:Standing But Not Operating
This is interesting because I just checked the Magic Mountain Web Site and it lists "Flashback" as one of its innovative coasters, leading me to believe that it is still operating, just not on a regular basis?
The only reason Flashback is on SFMM's site is so they can say they have the most roller coasters. It means they still HAVE it but they dont mention if its open or not.

According to RCDB Flashback is still SBNO.
Gurnee Ride Op - 2007
SFGAmfreak4life
Willard's Whizzer

Post by SFGAmfreak4life »

That might of been true with the old management but I bet Shapiro will try and get it open. Shapiro is trying to get the company on its feet and doesn't care about records. He said if it was up to him Tatsu wouldn't have been added. Shapiro thinks the park has too many coasters as is. Maybe instead of reopening Flashback Shapiro will replace it with a flat or two. That would make sense because MM lacks flats and he wants to take SF in the family direction.
NotBill
Yankee Clipper

Post by NotBill »

For all the Z-Force fans, my latest eBay pickup:

http://www.pbase.com/wgfinley/image/57971107/large
Guy Finley
aka "Bill" Finley
redfishpaw
Tidal Wave

Post by redfishpaw »

I saw that auction, I considered bidding, but then didn't. I do have one of these for Iron Wolf.
NotBill
Yankee Clipper

Post by NotBill »

Cool, maybe we should super-impose them in Photoshop or something -- before and after!! :P

--Guy
Guy Finley
aka "Bill" Finley
Greezed Lightening
Gulf Coaster

Post by Greezed Lightening »

Flashback is now operating at Magic Mountain.
dpxtreme
Tidal Wave

Post by dpxtreme »

That's really hard to believe because when Flashback was operating, it couldn't operate in the summer because it's right next to Hurricane Harbor, and it distracts the lifeguards. So it seems odd they just decided to open it during mid-summer. I believe that Flashback is operating 5%, but I'm going to the park in mid August so I'll believe it when I see it.
jonrev
Tidal Wave

Post by jonrev »

Flashback is still SBNO last I've heard.
Gurnee Ride Op - 2007
Greezed Lightening
Gulf Coaster

I'll be going in August too. I hope to ride it. Its been closed when I went in 1999, and last year. Is it really a painful ride? Because of the hair pin curves?
dpxtreme
Tidal Wave

Post by dpxtreme »

Greezed Lightening, how do you know Flashback is now operating? I highly doubt it's running. But again, I'll believe it when I see it.
Greezed Lightening
Gulf Coaster

I read somewhere on another message board. My guess is it probabably isn't since its been down since at least 1999. Why has it been down all these years anyway? Did it just not run properly?
pjm8071
Gulf Coaster

Post by pjm8071 »

If it isn't operating now it is doubtful Six Flags will refurbish it until after they decide to sell the park. Especially if develpers buy the land, it will just end up like Astroworld then anyway. In that cast it is a high probability that the ride would be scrapped anyway.

SAVE OUR PARKS!!!
Sing it Rev Bolin... Can I get an AWW YEAH!