PGA Tidal Wave Petition?

All about the rides at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA and post-Marriott rides, too
Greezed Lightening
Gulf Coaster

PGA Tidal Wave Petition?

Post by Greezed Lightening »

I can't stand going to PGA nowadays thinking that the Tidal Wave used to be there! It is greatly missed :cry: I am not sure if I could go this season because I miss it too much. I wonder if we Tidal Wave fans could sign a petition to get Greezed Lightening back from Kentucky Kingdom and present it to PGA??
steven
Site Admin

Post by steven »

Sorry to rain on your parade, but this would be absolutely useless. If PGA had wanted to keep the ride, it would still be there. As is, they sold it off long ago and the new owner has split up the parts among California, Kentucky, and Georgia. You'd have probably about the same chance of success in petitioning Marriott to buy the parks back.

I know what it's like to go to the park and miss it and other favorites. But once they are gone, chances are extremely remote for them ever to return. You just have to focus on the things still there that you enjoy and appreciate the memories you have of the things that are gone forever.

Steven
Last edited by steven on Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
imdaman
Willard's Whizzer

Post by imdaman »

I would go for that, there's plenty of us fans around :)
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

Steven is right (as usual... :) )
I'm OK with it not coming back, but the least they could have done was replace it with SOMETHING, let alone something good... -sigh-
Oh well, just comes back to Cedar Fair...
The rides are GREAT, the shows are GREAT, the fun is GREAT, at Marriott's Great America! REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA, REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA!
PGA ROCKS
Tidal Wave

Post by PGA ROCKS »

I agree with you, but not about Tidal Wave being gone. I loved Tidal Wave, my very simple signature shows it. But I do agree that they should have replaced it with something. At least when they removed Sky Whirl (which I'm not happy about either), it was replaced with the highly intense Invertigo roller coaster, which I do love to ride.
I miss Tidal Wave
pjm8071
Gulf Coaster

Post by pjm8071 »

Hey Steven,

Is there another park in Georgia that has this type of ride? I thought the Viper that was in Georgia is the same ride that is in Kentucky now. :?:
Sing it Rev Bolin... Can I get an AWW YEAH!
jonrev
Tidal Wave

Post by jonrev »

Tidal Wave from Gurnee went to Georgia, and recently was relocated to Kentucky. It's the same ride.
Gurnee Ride Op - 2007