Stored rides, parts, etc.

All about the rides at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA and post-Marriott rides, too
SFGAmfreak4life
Willard's Whizzer

Stored rides, parts, etc.

Post by SFGAmfreak4life »

I'm interested in knowing what old rides, parts, etc. both parks still have in storage. Right now I can remember the following things at Gurnee. Power Dive is laying in the employee lot. Triple Play cars are laying in the employee lot for now. Sky Whirl cabins are in the employee lot. The second Scenic Raliway train is on the transfer track. Anything else you Gurnee folks can think of? I've never been to PGA so I would like to hear from you guys.
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

I'm also interested in this, Gurnee goers are lucky to still have stuff over their... all I can think of is Triple Play parts(if it is still there, anyone have an update) and the Barney Oldfield Car chasis from different topics...
The rides are GREAT, the shows are GREAT, the fun is GREAT, at Marriott's Great America! REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA, REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA!
jonrev
Tidal Wave

Post by jonrev »

Gurnee Ride Op - 2007
Glorfindel7
Tidal Wave

Sky Whirl Cabins

Post by Glorfindel7 »

I've a question, did they ever scrap the sky whirl after taking it down (other than the cabins of course...) If so, about when was that done?
dpxtreme
Tidal Wave

Post by dpxtreme »

I'm so glad Santa Clara still have their Power Dive/Endeavor. It's so fun because it goes upside down slow, and usually stalls upside down for a while.
jonrev
Tidal Wave

Re: Sky Whirl Cabins

Post by jonrev »

Glorfindel7 wrote:I've a question, did they ever scrap the sky whirl after taking it down (other than the cabins of course...) If so, about when was that done?
I have seen photos of the mechanical crap sitting in the employee lot for the 2001 season, so my guess is it was scrapped sometime in 2001. The cabins were scrapped last year except for a couple of them which are used for Fright Fest.
Gurnee Ride Op - 2007
SFGAmfreak4life
Willard's Whizzer

^ The only pictures I ever took in the back lot were the day when the Superman track arrived. Since you have those two pictures did you happen to see if the hay bayler was there? If so do you have a picture?
jonrev
Tidal Wave

Post by jonrev »

^I didnt see anything that could have been related to it. I believe it is still there but can never be used again due to rust (probably same with Power Dive).
Gurnee Ride Op - 2007
SFGAmfreak4life
Willard's Whizzer

Thats too bad. The Hay Bayler was a fun ride. I always had hopes for it being relocated but I guess it wont be.
jonrev
Tidal Wave

Post by jonrev »

I thought it would have fit in well in Southwest Territory (put it in that space with the game and Dippin Dots stand next to Trailblazer).
Gurnee Ride Op - 2007
SFGAmfreak4life
Willard's Whizzer

I dont remember how big that space is but Southwest would be a good enough fit for the Hay Bayler. I think County Fair is the best fit but it really wouldnt matter as long as it was back.
Glorfindel7
Tidal Wave

Post by Glorfindel7 »

SFGAmfreak4life wrote:I dont remember how big that space is but Southwest would be a good enough fit for the Hay Bayler. I think County Fair is the best fit but it really wouldnt matter as long as it was back.
I would love to see the Hay Bayler back... Been a long time, but used to enjoy that ride. (However, it probably wouldn't be too hard for GA to pick up a second hand version from a carnival and retheme as necessary?)
SFGAmfreak4life
Willard's Whizzer

I would be okay with a second hand ride as long as it runs fine. I would hope the park wouldnt get anything as bad as King Chaos again. I dont think it would cost much just to get a new one but I have no idea what flats cost.
Glorfindel7
Tidal Wave

Post by Glorfindel7 »

Speaking of "Bad Flats" what's up with Revolution anyway? I think I heard somewhere that there was a "Burning tire" smell coming from the ride. Now everytime I look at SFGAMWorld it has the ride as "closed" ???
jonrev
Tidal Wave

Post by jonrev »

I've heard that Revolution is awaiting a part and will reopen soon.
Gurnee Ride Op - 2007