Flight Of Fear To PGA?

All about the rides at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA and post-Marriott rides, too
Greezed Lightening
Gulf Coaster

Flight Of Fear To PGA?

Post by Greezed Lightening »

I read on another forum that PGA might get the Flight Of Fear coaster from Kings Dominion in like the Imax building. 1. According to rcdb.com its been not operating for quite sometime. 2. Kings Dominion stole the Hypersonic XLC coaster that PGA was supposed to get. 3. Carowinds stole Stealth. This makes sense & it may come true that PGA will get Flight Of Fear - maybe next year? I have a feeling it will come to PGA!
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

Really, any thrill coaster going to PGA would make me happy! Flight of Fear must be going somewhere though, they even took it off the website, so its gotta be going somewhere. If it ever come to PGA, I don't think it would go in the Pictorium because it lacks room for the launch track. I think it would fin where Greased Lightnin' used to be...

Anyways, Do you guys think Cedar Fair is going to use the Pictorium, or just demolish it for a new attraction?
The rides are GREAT, the shows are GREAT, the fun is GREAT, at Marriott's Great America! REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA, REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA!
Greezed Lightening
Gulf Coaster

I still think PGA will end up getting it. Theres room somewhere. PGA needs it! Next to Stealth Flight Of Fear would be the next best thing! I perdict it for 2007! :D
SFGAmfreak4life
Willard's Whizzer

Post by SFGAmfreak4life »

According to rcdb Flight of Fear has been SBNO just this year. Even if its closed for the rest of the year doesnt mean its going anywhere. A very good example would be Flashback at Magic Mountain. I think Flashback should open next year and I think Flight of Fear should open soon with Cedar Fair in the picture. Saying it does go somewhere I think it makes sense that it would go to PGA.

I never heard that PGA was supposed to get Hypersonic XLC. It doesnt make sense because PGA got Stealth in 2000 for 17 million. If PGA were to get Hypersonic XLC for 2001 then it would be 15 million. It seems like too much money to be spent by PGA.

Carowinds didnt steal Stealth. Stealth turned out to be a bad investment for PGA and was relocated to Carowinds.

I think Cedar Fair will use the Pictorium. Cedar Fair is as much about family experience as thrills so my guess is that the Pictorium will be remodeled. If this does happen I dont know if it will be used as an Imax theater again or maybe something like an indoor laser show. Well have to wait and see.
dpxtreme
Tidal Wave

Post by dpxtreme »

It makes sense going to PGA. King's Dominion already has 4 launched coasters: Volcano, Italian Job, Hypersonic, and SBNO Flight of Fear. But with Cedar Fair in charge, it could go to any of the other parks now in the new chain. And PGA's newest big coaster is Invertigo which came here in 1998.
Greezed Lightening
Gulf Coaster

I read somewhere that a worker at Kings Dominion said the coaster has already been taken out & shipped to another park, but I've also heard that it is staying there & retheamed & renamed to Top Gun. What's to believe? Can PGA still get it with Cedar Fair ownership?
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

Greezed Lightening wrote:I read somewhere that a worker at Kings Dominion said the coaster has already been taken out & shipped to another park, but I've also heard that it is staying there & retheamed & renamed to Top Gun. What's to believe? Can PGA still get it with Cedar Fair ownership?
All I know is it would be a real pain to take down Flight of Fear while it is still inside the building...
The rides are GREAT, the shows are GREAT, the fun is GREAT, at Marriott's Great America! REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA, REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA!
Greezed Lightening
Gulf Coaster

They already took it out & its going to another park, and or being renamed. Either Carowinds which I so hope not since they already got Stealth. Hopefully Cedar Fair will realize PGA is in desperate need of a good coaster.......the Imax building is a perfect spot.....I read they have been hollowing it out. :)
jonrev
Tidal Wave

Post by jonrev »

How do you know it's gone?
Gurnee Ride Op - 2007
Greezed Lightening
Gulf Coaster

Well Screamscape says the rumor is is still confusing and conflicting that it either sold to another park or is being renamed and retheamed. I am sure of it got removed and PGA will most likely get it as a MTV Soundwave theme. :D
dpxtreme
Tidal Wave

Post by dpxtreme »

Not MTV Soundwave because Paramount worked with MTV, CBS, etc. and the park is no longer Paramount.
Greezed Lightening
Gulf Coaster

Flight Of Fear will either go to Carowinds or PGA. I've been hearing Carowinds but a park worker at Kings Dominion said its been shipped to PGA. Maybe thats why PGA took out the greatest Greased Lightnin in 2002 so we'll get Flight Of Fear? I mean Carowinds got Stealth that was from another park. I think its PGA's turn to get a good used coaster. :?
steven
Site Admin

Post by steven »

Flight of Fear has reopened at PKD.

Steven
Greezed Lightening
Gulf Coaster

Yeah I heard that Cedar Fair stopped it from transerfing to another park - Carowinds but would have been transformed to an outdoor coaster like Jokers Jinks. I heard that Flight Of Fear and Jokers Jinks are the same? I'm glad its still at Kings Dominion. Is the theme the same and why was it closed in the first place?