Greezed Lightening same as Montezoomas Revenge?

All about the rides at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA and post-Marriott rides, too
Greezed Lightening
Gulf Coaster

Greezed Lightening same as Montezoomas Revenge?

Post by Greezed Lightening »

Is Montezoomas Revenge an exact clone of Greezed Lighening? (I sure hope so because I may get to ride it this summer and will bring back so many memories of Greezed Lightening!)
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

No, thats a flywheel model, (while the Tidal Wave(/Greased Lightnin') at both parks were Weight-drop models) but it won't make too much of a difference, maybe a few different sound, a faster acceleration rate, etc. Hope you get on down there!
The rides are GREAT, the shows are GREAT, the fun is GREAT, at Marriott's Great America! REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA, REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA!
jonrev
Tidal Wave

Post by jonrev »

The flywheel ones tend to have a faster acceleration. Many people have noticed it at Astroworld's Greezy.
Gurnee Ride Op - 2007
Glorfindel7
Tidal Wave

Post by Glorfindel7 »

The flywheel might have a faster acceleration, but I just LOVED the pull of the weight drop... There's just something about the force involved in the pull that a spining treadmill just can't produce....
Greezed Lightening
Gulf Coaster

Post by Greezed Lightening »

Are they the exact same size - loop and towers?
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

I would compare them on the rcdb:
http://www.rcdb.com/id292.htm
http://www.rcdb.com/id75.htm

Although their statistics don't meet my expectations... (its even says the flywheel launch was slower than the weight drop, but could just be different programming...)
The rides are GREAT, the shows are GREAT, the fun is GREAT, at Marriott's Great America! REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA, REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA!
Glorfindel7
Tidal Wave

Post by Glorfindel7 »

Personally I don't think that they really ever truly timed those speeds, I remember Tidal Wave being clocked at about 66 miles per hour.

Seriously to me I think it would make sense that a flywheel could not get up to speed faster than a weight drop. (Makes me wonder why the flywheel model is apparently more popular?)

BTW are there any linear induction shuttle loops in existence today? (In other words, is Speed the ride still operating in Vegas?)
redfishpaw
Tidal Wave

Post by redfishpaw »

Glorfindel7 wrote:Personally I don't think that they really ever truly timed those speeds, I remember Tidal Wave being clocked at about 66 miles per hour.

Seriously to me I think it would make sense that a flywheel could not get up to speed faster than a weight drop. (Makes me wonder why the flywheel model is apparently more popular?)

BTW are there any linear induction shuttle loops in existence today? (In other words, is Speed the ride still operating in Vegas?)
Speed is still running according to RCDC
:arrow: http://www.rcdb.com/id593.htm
(29 pics)

Also, I was in vegas last year and I do recall seeing it in operation.