Z-Force Revisited

All about the rides at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA and post-Marriott rides, too
Tidal Wave
Willard's Whizzer

Post by Tidal Wave »

I remember riding it a few years back and I really thought is was fun. Not the best ride in the world but better than most Vekoma coasters. I like the indoor idea. It would be better as a highly themed indoor attraction. I think Silverwood should buy it to go with Corkscrew from Knott's Berry Farm.

Cross your fingers and hope that Z-Force rides again.
redfishpaw
Tidal Wave

Post by redfishpaw »

I remember being one of the first people to ride Z force in 1985. They let some employees ride it before it offically opening. I thought it was ok, not one of my favorties.

Here are some more demolition photos on another site
:arrow: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/vi ... 436#501436

Seems like a lot of people think it is being scraped.
Demonlover13
Tidal Wave

Post by Demonlover13 »

It's gonna be scrapped......
I need a great day this year, or 2, or 30!
RandyV
Willard's Whizzer

Post by RandyV »

Yep -- they're definitely not taking any care in tearing it down. Looks like they're just torching sections to take it apart.

Really too bad. While not the best ride, it would have been worth saving IMHO.
Randy V.
Gurnee will always be my home park...
Demonlover13
Tidal Wave

Post by Demonlover13 »

They could have kept parts for a museum.
I need a great day this year, or 2, or 30!
Papas
Yankee Clipper

Post by Papas »

Tidal Wave wrote:I think Silverwood should buy it to go with Corkscrew from Knott's Berry Farm.
And DejaVu :lol:
RandyV
Willard's Whizzer

Post by RandyV »

More demo pics from someone at RCPro:

http://www.rollercoasterpro.com/communi ... .php?t=448
Randy V.
Gurnee will always be my home park...
blade
Buzzy Bee

Re: Z-Force Revisited

Post by blade »

I've always wondered if Marriott's had not sold the place in 1984, would Z Force still have been constructed? Would it have been put in the same spot? Anybody know why it was named Z Force? That doesn't seem to fit in a theme. Was this coaster in County Fair or Yukon Territory? Anybody remember the ride height?
billymac72
Buzzy Bee

Post by billymac72 »

I rode the Z-Force once. I must've done something wrong because it was not a pleasant experience. I recall not liking the constant turning and twisting....I like to see where I'm going. When I got off, I had terrible whiplash, which lead to a bad headache later.
CoasterComet
Gulf Coaster

Post by CoasterComet »

I remember all the cool commercials when it came out - very 80's! We waited for well over an hour in the hot sun which turned out to be a HUGE headache machine! And you couldn't see over the high seat backs. I'm pretty sure opening year was 1985 as that was a big year for me - the first time I rode American Eagle (and loved it!)

I rode Z-Force next in the spring of 1990 at Six Flags Atlanta. Ouch, still a piece of junk headache machine.

Last time I rode Z-Force was in 1995 at Magic Mountain. It was a really cool ride! What!?? Musta been a fluke - or after years of coaster riding learned how to brace myself.
FParker185
Buzzy Bee

Post by FParker185 »

I rode Flashback at Magic Mountain in 1995 as well and found it to actually be a great and smooth ride. When I made it back to SFMM in March of 2001 and the ride happened to be open, it was god awful, I had a really bad sunburn, especially on my ears, and that was the only ride to ever draw blood from me. I don't/won't miss it.