American Eagle memorabilia

All about the rides at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA and post-Marriott rides, too
Tech Services 1
Willard's Whizzer

American Eagle memorabilia

Post by Tech Services 1 »

Check out my photo album- "Rides- Various Views". I've added a scan of one of my favorite pieces of memorabilia.
It's a Certificate of Recognition; these were presented to everyone involved with building the American Eagle.
Tech Services installed the sound system in the station and the emergency paging system on the lift and throughout the track.

I clearly remember working many hours hanging speakers, installing conduit, and running cabling. The hike up the first lift was long, especially after several trips, but the view was always great!

And to this day, one of my friends still teases me about the way I labled the microphone connections in the station . . . :D

-PPG
Technical Services technician
Gurnee park '81 - '86

Eegads, has it been that long?
RandyV
Willard's Whizzer

Post by RandyV »

Great stuff. Thanks for sharing (again)!

Regarding the three or four pictures labeled "Circa 1983?" -- what the heck is going on? It looks like some kind of show was being put on right outside The Edge. As far as I can tell, it looks like The Edge is running (people in line heading up to the platform in the background).

It's really too bad there is only one remaining 1st gen Intamin freefall running (Demon Drop at CP).
Randy V.
Gurnee will always be my home park...
Tech Services 1
Willard's Whizzer

Post by Tech Services 1 »

RandyV wrote:Great stuff. Thanks for sharing (again)!

Regarding the three or four pictures labeled "Circa 1983?" -- what the heck is going on? It looks like some kind of show was being put on right outside The Edge.
Glad you like this stuff!

That's the Loony Tunes parade passing by The Edge. I can only find those few pictures, though I know I took a lot more.
I wasn't sure what year they were taken; could have been anywhere from '82 through '86.
I'm still hoping I'll find those other pics, along with many more from all around the Park!

-PPG
Technical Services technician
Gurnee park '81 - '86

Eegads, has it been that long?