Coaster alex0805
Buzzy Bee

Post by Coaster alex0805 »

I wish Whizzer was never built! I sure would have loved to fly in that area
06?
twixmix0303
Yankee Clipper

Post by twixmix0303 »

Are you referring to Superman at the Gurnee park? (For those that don't know, Whizzer's final ride was to be given on August 22, 2002 and then removed shortly thereafter to make way for Superman.) If so, then something else would have been built there by the time Superman came around.
redfishpaw
Tidal Wave

Post by redfishpaw »

twixmix0303 wrote:Are you referring to Superman at the Gurnee park? (For those that don't know, Whizzer's final ride was to be given on August 22, 2002 and then removed shortly thereafter to make way for Superman.) If so, then something else would have been built there by the time Superman came around.
I remember this, everybody was talking about it. The thought of removing Whizzer, the last operating Anton Schwarzkopf speedracer in the US was rediculous. Its a great ride with a great setting and it's great for families. For many, Whizzer is their first. My retired father (who hates coasters) will even ride the Whizzer. Those who oppose the Whizzer, forget that not every roller coaster needs to go 70mph and have inversions.
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

I strongly agree with redfishpaw I wish more parks had a ride like it, I mean I can never find a roller coaster as nice as the Whizzer that all of my family will go on unless its on of those kiddie coasters that go around and oval track…