What ever happened to the new woody at Ca Great America?

All about the rides at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA and post-Marriott rides, too
Miri
Gulf Coaster

What ever happened to the new woody at Ca Great America?

Post by Miri »

I remember reading in news stories back in 07 that California's Great America was supposed to be debuting a new wooden coaster for the 2009 season. I can't seem to find any news stories since then talking about it. I was just wondering, since I don't live in the area and can't check for my self, what happened? There is nothing on the CGA website even referencing a new coaster, no news stories about it actually being build and no photos. Just curious if the idea has been scrapped or if they are still working on it.
rideaddict124
Gulf Coaster

Post by rideaddict124 »

i think it was just a rumor because i asked the manager of the park about it last year and he said they werent planning on doing that.
So yeah it was probably a rumor
I've been going to Great America every summer since August 15th 1998!
Morgansupertech
Gulf Coaster

Post by Morgansupertech »

There were legal issues concerning noise complaints among other things. It will not be built this or next season.
Miri
Gulf Coaster

Re: What ever happened to the new woody at Ca Great America?

Post by Miri »

So it was a rumor that they printed in the newspapers and had concept art for, and people were complaining about noise at a park that already has multiple roller coasters? I doubt either of those stories. Sounds more like a budget issue to me.
Morgansupertech
Gulf Coaster

Re: What ever happened to the new woody at Ca Great America?

Post by Morgansupertech »

No, it is an issue with the surrounding companies' concerns with the ADDED noise that the coaster will cause.