GOODBYE BUGS BUNNY NATIONAL PARK

All about the rides at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA and post-Marriott rides, too
jimmy gimbels
Yankee Clipper

GOODBYE BUGS BUNNY NATIONAL PARK

Post by jimmy gimbels »

Six Flags is closing another Marriott attraction: Bugs Bunny National Park. The area is no longer listed for 2011. Sections of the Looney Tooter Railroad are now in the graveyard. No word on what is the fateof the Marriott-era Buzzy Bees ride and the hellicopters.Too bad. The area was beautifully themed..especially the railroad attraction. Rumor has it that the area will be used for a new go cart track.

In addition, the old Barney Speedway attraction is being removed.
Cheesehead Dave
Yankee Clipper

Re: GOODBYE BUGS BUNNY NATIONAL PARK

Post by Cheesehead Dave »

I was there a couple of weeks ago for Physics Day. Yes, it's been wiped clean off the map and replaced with a go-kart track. I'm assuming it's to replace the track that used to be behind the Pictorium which was removed to make way for the Hurricane Harbor expansion.

I remember when it was still Fort Fun. Sad to see it go.

Other changes I noticed: Camp Cartoon Network is now just "Camp Cartoon", and The Wiggles licensing deal must have expired because the Wiggle's World in the Eagle Arena has been renamed "Kidzopolis" or something, and all the rides have all been renamed and the Wiggles branding removed.

I didn't notice anything remarkable otherwise.
SFGAm Rides Host - 1990-1995
(1990-Demon, 1991-Power Dive/Cajun, 1992-Loggers, 1993-Eagle, 1994-Space Shuttle, 1995-Iron Wolf)
jimmy gimbels
Yankee Clipper

Re: GOODBYE BUGS BUNNY NATIONAL PARK

Post by jimmy gimbels »

I still can't believe the whole area is gone. It was nicely themed. The go cart track is a real scar in the park. No attempt at and landscaping the area. Very noisy. They also ripped out several old Marriott facade that were hidden behind the Buzzy Bee Ride.