Soundtrack From: Fiddler's Fling, GA RR, STT...

All about the shows, music, and performers at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA
ILuvTheDemon
Gulf Coaster

Soundtrack From: Fiddler's Fling, GA RR, STT...

Post by ILuvTheDemon »

Is the background music in the riding instructions on Fiddler's Fling, the music played on Great America Railway when the train goes through the tunnel under the Demon, and part of the medley played before the night show in front of Hometown Square Station, and the background music in Sky Trek Tower's narration original to the park? Because I heard it very many times while at the park yesterday, and it has now been added to my list of Great America musical tracks to acquire, as I like it a whole lot! :D So: does anyone know if this is a Marriott-Era song, and Does anyone have a copy of it and are they willing to share it?

Thanks!
Mr. D.T.
Yankee Clipper

Post by Mr. D.T. »

THAT! is one of my favorite pieces in the park! Hope Six Flags would allow fans to download this masterpiece. It's a medley with famous Looney Tunes pieces squeezed inside of it including "What's Up, Doc", "Hungarian Rhapsody", "Road Runner's Theme", and of course, "The Merrie Melodies Theme". But, I have no idea where to get it.
"Park Base to Unit 100 and all base stations please be advised.....we have the 4 O'Clock 1085. A. 1.4; B. 23.5; C. 28.7; D. 5.1. The temperature is 77 degrees.
ILuvTheDemon
Gulf Coaster

Post by ILuvTheDemon »

In the background begining of this video, you can hear my favorite part of the track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thYyV5tbJlM Does anyone have friends with the show sound people? :wink:
RLAiello
Tidal Wave

Post by RLAiello »

I can name that tune in just a few notes...

That snippet of music on the Sky Trek Tower is from the OLD Front Gate Soundtrack from 1976 - approx. 1995 (?). I worked at the Front Gate from 1988 - 1989 and I heard that... a LOT.

What annoys me is how loud people are on the Sky Trek Tower. Shut the heck up and listen and watch the view. People are so rude these days.
Rick Aiello
SFGAm Employee 1988-1999