Satellite View of Gurnee Park

All about everything else at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA
BrianPlencner
Tidal Wave

Post by BrianPlencner »

RandyV wrote:Found it. Here is a picture (sorry for the poor quality -- the image is from a Kodak 110 print) of the blueprint poster I purchased at the park. It's slightly different than Brian's, but definitely based on the one he posted. Actual size was something like 5' x 3'.

I acutally like this version better since it has the actual American Eagle logo.
RandyV,

Ok..now you got me thinking what logos,etc mine has on it. So, I pulled it out of the closet, and got it all flat. I still need to frame mine. I'm not sure how big mine is, but this picture shows the full length of it.

As you can see, they are slightly different. I do have the eagle logo in the corner as shown by this closeup

But, I do not have the "Marriott's Great America Gurnee, Illinois" on the bottom like you do.
Last edited by BrianPlencner on Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
===========================================
Mr. Brian Plencner
SFGAm Employee: 1988-1992
RandyV
Willard's Whizzer

Post by RandyV »

Thanks for pulling out the poster, Brian. Looks like your poster is the same size as mine and is basically the same drawing, except for the lower-left corner details.

I would guess I bought mine in '81 or '82. I am sure I got it at the souvenir shop in County Fair that was somewhere between the Demon and the Eagle on the left side as you walk toward the Eagle. Brian, do you know when and where you got yours?

It's intersting they drew in the Big Top and a figure-8 Barney Oldfield in the drawing.

When you do get yours framed, make sure you do something to protect it from UV damage. As I said, mine hung on my bedroom wall for years and ultimately faded to a light purple. Wish I'd taken better care of it, but hindsight is 20/20. :cry: I was just too busy admiring it hanging there. Of course, the next thing on my list is to find out exactly where it's at. I'm sure it's in storage somewhere at my Mom's place.
Randy V.
Gurnee will always be my home park...
steven
Site Admin

Post by steven »

I have one of these, too, that I bought at the park. I don't know if mine is like Brian's or Randy's or perhaps another slight variation. It's in storage somewhere and I don't know quite where to find it right now.

Steven
BrianPlencner
Tidal Wave

Post by BrianPlencner »

I purchased mine at an auction this past summer during ACE's Coaster Convention. So, I'm not sure where the seller purchased it to begin with.

I won't tell you how much money it cost me to get, but lets just say it was quite a lot, and I really wanted it! :D
===========================================
Mr. Brian Plencner
SFGAm Employee: 1988-1992
da1gloc
Gulf Coaster

Post by da1gloc »

I too have one of those Eagle prints. Although mines not in great condition. I got it from my aunt who currently still works at the park. And those photos in the admin office are awesome.

Brian, you worked at the park when I did. You might actually know my aunt. Shes the personnel director. Ill have to see what kinds of things shes gathered over the years.
G. Nagle

SFGA games employee from 88 thru 91