More than Sky Whirl buckets at FF

Share your memories of working at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA in Gurnee
SFGAmfreak4life
Willard's Whizzer

More than Sky Whirl buckets at FF

Post by SFGAmfreak4life »

In Necropolis after you get passed the bush people there is a Haybayler car in the first exhibit. During the first fight on the Boo Line they use a Traffique Jam car and it is also used in the parade. I dont bring a camera to the park and Im sorry for not posting pictures. Ill try to post pictures in 2 weeks if no one else posts pictures.
jonrev
Tidal Wave

Post by jonrev »

Gurnee Ride Op - 2007
BrianPlencner
Tidal Wave

Post by BrianPlencner »

Sorry about the bad color / Quality, but here is the Hay Bayler car that is in Necropolis.

I'll see if I can get a better picture during daylight hours.

Another thing I noticed on 10-13-2006 was that they had one of the doors for the Sky Whirl cabins out. It was not attached to the cabin, just sitting next to it.

I did pick it up, and tried to "fit" it back on the cabin, to try to recreate what it was like when the ride was in operation. I then put it back where I found it, next to the cabin.

Again, standing in the cabins brought back a lot of memories of a ride no longer with us. :(

On Saturday, the door was gone. I'm guessing someone from management took it and put it away.

--Brian
Last edited by BrianPlencner on Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
===========================================
Mr. Brian Plencner
SFGAm Employee: 1988-1992
GreatAmerica4ever
Yankee Clipper

Post by GreatAmerica4ever »

Hey Brian,

I saw all of the items in your pics on Saturday, but I would have never known that the car was from the Hay Bailer! The cabins used from the Sky Whirl were used quite interesting.

Even though the rides are gone, it is funny how us 'old timers' know the props that are used. Too bad this generation just doesn't know what they missed years ago!

Thanks,
Greg
SFGAmfreak4life
Willard's Whizzer

Thanks Jon and Brian for the pictures! This weekend a ShockWave air compressor was added to the exhibit as well as some scrap piece. For those who didnt know the past couple of years the little ferris wheel from this float http://www.greatamericaparks.com/sg/sho ... ade005.jpg has been used in Necropolis. It is right by the Haybayler car.
BrianPlencner
Tidal Wave

Post by BrianPlencner »

Here is the Ferris Wheel from the parade float.

Last edited by BrianPlencner on Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
===========================================
Mr. Brian Plencner
SFGAm Employee: 1988-1992
SFGAmfreak4life
Willard's Whizzer

Thanks again Brian!