The Dark Knight - New Coaster for 08

Share your memories of working at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA in Gurnee
Papas
Yankee Clipper

The Dark Knight - New Coaster for 08

Post by Papas »

Enclosed Mack Wild Mouse themed to the new Batman movie is on its way to Orleans Place. I am really excieted the park is finally getting an enclosed coaster.

http://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica
SFGAmfreak4life
Willard's Whizzer

Post by SFGAmfreak4life »

I like the idea that it's going to be enclosed but the addition of a second wild mouse doesn't make sense. I think that placing it in Orleans Place is a bad idea because it's too close to Ragin Cajun.
Go Bears!
Cheesehead Dave
Yankee Clipper

Post by Cheesehead Dave »

Interesting. I had to look up Mack Wild Mouse to see what the difference was. Looks like it would be fun in the dark. I wonder where it's going to go? Perhaps taking over part of the Bugs Bunny National Park area?

Edit: Where does it say it's going into Orleans Place?
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

Thats cool, but where are they going to make space for that? Anyone have any idea?
The rides are GREAT, the shows are GREAT, the fun is GREAT, at Marriott's Great America! REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA, REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA!
xxlatinogueroxx
Yankee Clipper

Post by xxlatinogueroxx »

The only resonable reason to where they might put the coaster is where the bumper cars is located or Theatre Royale is.

Also, i hope they have a mix of an Orleans look to the construciton like they did to the entrance of S:UF because if they dont then Orleans place will be losing much of its look.
Im an outgoing guy. I like to have fun, party, and chill with my friends. Im a Senior at Waukegan and plan on going to NIU 07!
Glorfindel7
Tidal Wave

Post by Glorfindel7 »

I have an even better possibility, what if "Dark Knight" is going to be a "dark" conversion of "Ragin' Cajun" (after all there's supposed to be a new Batman movie next year and it would fit in with Six Flags license for JLA)

(Wouldn't be the first time, remember Turn of the Century into the Demon?)
jonrev
Tidal Wave

Post by jonrev »

Glorfindel7 wrote:I have an even better possibility, what if "Dark Knight" is going to be a "dark" conversion of "Ragin' Cajun" (after all there's supposed to be a new Batman movie next year and it would fit in with Six Flags license for JLA)

This new ride is a Mack, not a Reverchon/Zamperla. I think SFKK's mouse has the same layout as what we're getting from the sounds of it.
Gurnee Ride Op - 2007
PGA ROCKS
Tidal Wave

Post by PGA ROCKS »

This ride sounds cool. But why can't Santa Clara get a roller coaster? :(

Oh well. At least we're getting a new flat ride. Better than nothing. :)
I miss Tidal Wave
WestBurbs14
Yankee Clipper

Where's the Announcement?

Post by WestBurbs14 »

Where on SixFlags.com does it mention the new ride? As of a few minutes ago, I didn't see it on SFGam's home page or news section.
sfgam123
Buzzy Bee

Post by sfgam123 »

There reanouncing(sp) later becuse they wanna some annamation to go with it.
the original sfgam123.
tillenterprises
Gulf Coaster

Post by tillenterprises »

jonrev wrote:
Glorfindel7 wrote:I have an even better possibility, what if "Dark Knight" is going to be a "dark" conversion of "Ragin' Cajun" (after all there's supposed to be a new Batman movie next year and it would fit in with Six Flags license for JLA)

This new ride is a Mack, not a Reverchon/Zamperla. I think SFKK's mouse has the same layout as what we're getting from the sounds of it.
I hope so! We love the Roadrunner mouse at Kentucky Kingdom!
Tech Services 1
Willard's Whizzer

Post by Tech Services 1 »

that_guy wrote:Thats cool, but where are they going to make space for that? Anyone have any idea?
Makes me almost sick to my stomach to say this, but the coaster is taking the place of Theatre Royale.

So now I have to rant a little:
Those of us with a Show Ops background are VERY sad and / or angry about the situation. Theatre Royale holds a lot of great memories for us . . . :cry:

And gee, isn't this just what the park and Orleans Place needs- another freakin' BATMAN ride. Great theming there.

When do you suppose they will do away with the themed areas and theaters altogether, and just make the place one big amusement park? That should really help the "family" atmosphere they alledgedly want.

OK, sorry, I'll get off my soapbox . . .

PPG
Technical Services technician
Gurnee park '81 - '86

Eegads, has it been that long?
dpxtreme
Tidal Wave

Post by dpxtreme »

Now people can stop ragging on the GA in Santa Clara for removing Marriott attractions. I guess you can see it like this: an eye for an eye. GA will remove the Imax and SFGam will remove the Theatre Royale.
WestBurbs14
Yankee Clipper

Dark Knight / Theater Royale

Post by WestBurbs14 »

I haven't been to Gurnee since 1992. Do the cars spin on either the Dark Knight or Ragin' Cajun?

Re: the Theater Royale, I have some very pleasant memories of the Bugs Bunny shows from the 1970's and 1980. They were fun and clever, and even amused a couple of college-age friends and me when we saw the show in 1980.

I too hope that the facade has a New Orleans look. However, even if it does, the Gotham (New York City, really) theme doesn't fit in well in New Orleans. It kind of reminds of the Anaheim Disneyland's Pirates of the Caribbean stuck in the New Orleans section. Kind of odd.

Also, what if the movie bombs? The theming would be outdated quickly.
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

Aww Theatre Royale, I dunno, do they have to ruin another themed area with Batman?
The rides are GREAT, the shows are GREAT, the fun is GREAT, at Marriott's Great America! REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA, REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA!