Kings of Komedy!

Share your memories of working at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA in Santa Clara
PaloAltoPip
Buzzy Bee

Kings of Komedy!

Post by PaloAltoPip »

Hi Everyone!
What an absolutely TERRIFIC website. I just found this today and I've been going through everything. What great memories.

Hey, does anyone have pictures of the Kings of Komedy? I worked in the band during the summers of 1987 and 1988 (tall trombonist!).

My favorite memory was playing in the reflection pond on the last day of the season and actually playing a set while on the Demon!

HAVE A GREAT DAY....HERE AT MARRIOTT'S GREAT AMERICA!

"Heads back....GOOD BYE!"
steven
Site Admin

Post by steven »

Hi,

Welcome to the forums! What were the Kings of Komedy? A comic band? I may have some photos.

Steven
PaloAltoPip
Buzzy Bee

KoK band

Post by PaloAltoPip »

Yep. It was a band of about 10 guys that used to stroll around the park. We had very colorful outfits and hats.
"Heads back....good-bye!"
steven
Site Admin

Post by steven »

I believe that I have some photos of this band. I'll keep an eye out for them and will scan them when I come across them.

Steven
jenjenrebecca
Buzzy Bee

Re: Kings of Komedy!

Post by jenjenrebecca »

PaloAltoPip wrote:Hi Everyone!
What an absolutely TERRIFIC website. I just found this today and I've been going through everything. What great memories.

Hey, does anyone have pictures of the Kings of Komedy? I worked in the band during the summers of 1987 and 1988 (tall trombonist!).

My favorite memory was playing in the reflection pond on the last day of the season and actually playing a set while on the Demon!

HAVE A GREAT DAY....HERE AT MARRIOTT'S GREAT AMERICA!

"Heads back....GOOD BYE!"
Hey Pip-

I remember you (who can forget a name like that, lol!), and definitely remember the Kings of Komedy.... The Converse sneaks, boardshort type patchwork pants, and patchwork coats with tails. Most of you guys had a lot of luck with the girls, iirc. I definitely remember the reflection pond set; y'all were always up to the challenge of doing the craziest sets :o