What the #^%!~ did PGA do to the park?

Share your memories of working at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA in Santa Clara
soupkid
Gulf Coaster

What the #^%!~ did PGA do to the park?

Post by soupkid »

I visited the park this past weekend, the first time in several years. I was saddened to see what PGA has done to the place. There is no "Great America" theme anymore. Its just an amusement park now.

What they did to Yukon Territory is disgusting. Gone is the name and the rustic look. Its now a Nickelodeon channel theme with all that ugly green and blue. Loggers Run is all that remains of the Yukon look.

$53 to get in, $10 to park, $4 for a 20 oz. soda.

Sad.
dpxtreme
Tidal Wave

Post by dpxtreme »

Hey! Don't be dissing Nickelodeon. That's the section of the park that I operate. But, yea it does suck that they have taken a lot of wrong turns for trying to make the park "better".
Station1
Gulf Coaster

Post by Station1 »

I know what you mean soupkid...it's sad to see all the changes, but I guess for the new kids experiencing the park, it's all good and they do not know what all they missed out on.

dpxtreme, I give you credit for working in that area...I remember days when I had to help out in Fort Fun, let alone walk past that area backstage going to and from my unit, I did not know how those people put up with all the screaming kids allthough a hand full of them were well behaved.