Robman97
Gulf Coaster

Post by Robman97 »

I LOVED THE CARN-EVIL i thought in my oppinen it was the best
PGA ROCKS
Tidal Wave

Post by PGA ROCKS »

I personally loved Carnevil. Here's what I thought (in depth):

-3d effects. I loved seeing the walls come to life.
-The spotted room. The man that camoflauged to the walls made me jump out of my heart! Excellent.
-Strobes and Mirrors! The best combination to disorient people. I love it!
-Jack in the Box. Oh my gosh, when the clown slammed it shut as loud as possible, it made me yelp out loud!
-Clowns following you everywhere. Nothing scarier than being stalked by an evil clown!

Dislikes
-Foot traffic. Although this really can't be fixed, I think it caused problems to the overall feel of the maze.
-Bad timing with scares. Whenever something jumped out at me, it was badly timed with the person in front of me so I'd know what was going to scare me.
-Tone. While I loved it, I wished it would have been a bit scarier (i.e. put the "evil" in "Carnevil").

Overall, I really liked it! It wasn't the scariest haunt ever, more scary-fun, but it was awesome. Defenitely made up for all those years of no haunted houses. I can't wait until next year's Halloween Haunt! By the way, Morgansupertech, which monstrosity were you in the maze? And, is next year's event going to be upcharge?
I miss Tidal Wave
Morgansupertech
Gulf Coaster

Post by Morgansupertech »

I was all over the place; chances are I scared you at least once. I was just like boom boom boom! I follow groups while staying out of the actual maze, so I can jump out of nowhere. I scared in the cage room, then in the dark hallway with the bear at the end that led into the padded cell room, which I also scared in. I had on neon green, black and white clothes and I had big green scissors most of the time. My big scare was in the dark room where I would climb the walls and jump down at people. It was awesome! 2008 will have a full on haunt, the park will close for an hour or two in the evening and then open back up in haunt mode. There will be 5 mazes total including Carn-Evil and there will be scare zones throughout the park which will be open very late Fri-Sun.

I’m glad that the maze is getting good reviews; it was a totally new experience for everyone involved. The FMC guys helped a lot; they are all the mill shop, and electricians. And of course all the Entertainment folks did an awesome job, our boss was super happy on the last day, we had an awesome parade and the maze went well. We all worked our asses off but we had fun and now I think we will be ready for next year…or at least it won’t be like learning how to walk all over again like this year.
dpxtreme
Tidal Wave

Post by dpxtreme »

Before I actually went through the maze my thoughts were, "Great, this maze if probably gonna suck becuase they haven't done anything remotely scary in years." Man was I wrong. It was great!

-The fact that it's a run-down, evil carnival.
-The location in the Rue Le Dodge buidling was great because of the full grown trees which mad it freaky.
-The fog machines.
-Great actors.
-Perfect length.
I LOVED the very first part in the maze where it feels like the hall way is getting smaller.

Dislikes:
-Foot traffic (The 2nd time I went through I asked if we could wait a little longer so we don't run in to the people in front of us.
-$1 for 3-d glasses?!? Honestly, if the 3d Spongebob show in the AFX theater gives you free glasses to use, why not Carn-evil. Granted you get to keep them, but what would you do with them aftwerwards?

Overall and awesome maze. I would really like to see the Doll Factory at CGA because I heard great reviews from that maze.
Morgansupertech
Gulf Coaster

Yeah, I had wanted to just use action FX glasses but I guess they are not the same or something. But Entertainment is not a money making department, now we are...and thats cool.
PGA ROCKS
Tidal Wave

Post by PGA ROCKS »

I thought it was well worth the dollar for the glasses. Without them it wouldn't be nearly as good.
I miss Tidal Wave
Morgansupertech
Gulf Coaster

So the coaster shop guys decided not to save my bumper cars :cry:

here is the black one Image
The one with flames got sanded down already.

Here are some pictures that I took before Carn-Evil was completed.

This is me at the end of a day of painting walls and floors for the maze.
ImageImage

This is what the maze looked like empty
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

Oh yeah, I finally remembered the question I wanted to ask... Does anyone here know where they got the music they played in front of Carnevil?
The rides are GREAT, the shows are GREAT, the fun is GREAT, at Marriott's Great America! REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA, REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA!
Morgansupertech
Gulf Coaster

Thomas, one of the techs, just stuck a few songs on a cd.
PGA ROCKS
Tidal Wave

Post by PGA ROCKS »

That's kind of wierd, because the music ironically created the PERFECT environment for the maze.

So, if I read correctly, Carnevil will return in 2008? Also, will the mazes be upcharge?
I miss Tidal Wave
Morgansupertech
Gulf Coaster

Well, when we got the music for the inside of the maze we didn't like it all that much, I liked the 2 Tom Waits songsbut not much else. We grew to like it though. Thomas' mix started out as a replacement for the maze music but he put it as the pre-show music instead. So the songs were picked for the circus-like quality of it.
Carn-Evil WILL be back next year. What do you mean by upcharge?
dpxtreme
Tidal Wave

Post by dpxtreme »

^He means if the mazes will coast extra.
Morgansupertech
Gulf Coaster

No, it will run just like the haunt at Knotts. Park will close at 6 or something then re-open an hour later as haunt. the price of admission gets you into everything.
PGA ROCKS
Tidal Wave

Post by PGA ROCKS »

Yay! Now I won't have to spend more money, and I can save it for Skyflyer!
I miss Tidal Wave
dpxtreme
Tidal Wave

Post by dpxtreme »

^You'll still have to spend money to get into the Haunt though.