GA's New Name/New Logo: California's Great America?

Share your memories of working at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA in Santa Clara
ElkGroveGroovin
Gulf Coaster

GA's New Name/New Logo: California's Great America?

Post by ElkGroveGroovin »

Just heard from a friend who works at the park that California's Great America will be the new name starting in 08. Sounds much better than Knott's Great America, as having any Peanuts characters wandering around would be just weird for me. Hopefully this will be a start of better and brighter things and back to theming and details. With DCA getting a 1 Billion lift, maybe (C)GA will be able to get a facelift as well. I can dream right? =P

**UPDATE** Found this from http://www.themeparkvillage.com/updates/ga/102007/

Last edited by ElkGroveGroovin on Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:45 pm, edited 6 times in total.
dpxtreme
Tidal Wave

Post by dpxtreme »

I actually like the name. It just has a ring to it. Now it's a lot more distinguishable between the two Great America's. And since they already bought the californiasgreatamerica.com site, HOPEFULLY it means we will see a new site for 2008. The site that CGA has now, along with the other 4 former Paramount's parks, I hate a lot. It gives little to no info. on the rides they have listed, and they don't even list half the rides they have in the park.
PGA ROCKS
Tidal Wave

Post by PGA ROCKS »

^Yeah, Maybe they could fix it up like Cedar Point's site! That site lists every single ride in the park (I think, I've never been to CP). Hopefully this means good for the park's future. I just hope that a football stadium is not in the park's future at all.
I miss Tidal Wave
Papas
Yankee Clipper

Post by Papas »

Too bad it isnt changing owners :P.
RLAiello
Tidal Wave

Post by RLAiello »

I like the new logo... it gives the park its own identity again, in a way... the red, white and blue goes back to the old Marriott logo for me.

Let's hope this all means good things for SCGA. :)
Rick Aiello
SFGAm Employee 1988-1999