Cedar Fair-ized (almost) Great America

Share your memories of working at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA in Santa Clara
Angry_Gumball
Gulf Coaster

Cedar Fair-ized (almost) Great America

Post by Angry_Gumball »

I posted this on a couple other sites, and I figured I would share with you guys as well. Today was opening day for California's Great America (CGA). Snapped a few "What's New at CGA for '08" photos...I'd almost describe today's visit as "buggy/glitchy" as tons of rides were down/breaking down.

Still retaining the old Paramount logo's shape, with new logo...doesn't quite fit.

Inside CGA...this works only if the letters matched! You can see where letters were replaced.

Why? They could have thrown in a fighter jet or something...It will always live as Top Gun!

WTF? Scream Zone? What did they do? Take Drop Zone Stunt Tower and just eliminate stunt to come up with a new name? So creative! Still a great ride, will always live as Drop Zone.

Lift hill pre-evacuation

Snapped this in Vortex's break run. We were stuck for a while anyway, so may as well do something. Anyway, Firefall is erected (lol, hehe...erected...) but still has a bit more work to be done.

Dark, but front shot of Firefall sitting there. Has some pipes being layed in the ground, probably for electrical/water/gas?

Top Gun?!? Paramount Pavillion? Outdated signage, but keep that "Top Gun" there!

Green Hill Zone! Future area of the new woodie. No prepping yet, not sure how soon they will start this stuff.

These "Drop Zone" signs were everywhere! You can see a couple here. The Paramount ghost is still lingering!

Well, thanks for reading/viewing the pictures, I'm curious to see what the rest of the Drop Tower/Flight Deck treatments got throughout the rest of the former Paramount parks![/img]
tkkyj
Buzzy Bee

Post by tkkyj »

I snapped a couple pics of Firefall while I was there, too. One from Delta Flyer...

...and here is the sign on Great America Pkwy...