Home Page Picture

Your questions and suggestions related to the GREATAMERICAparks.com site are welcome here. Information about site updates or changes will also be posted here.
jonrev
Tidal Wave

Home Page Picture

Post by jonrev »

On the current home picture, why does it say Thank You Santa Clara?
Gurnee Ride Op - 2007
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

Santa Clara bought the park after Marriott and saved it from being torn down and then I believe the city got KECO to run the park, correct me if I'm wrong here. I am wondering does Paramount own the whole park land and all, or does Santa Clara still leasing it?
segerken
Gulf Coaster

Post by segerken »

The city of Santa Clara owns the land and Paramount owns all of the improvements (i.e. buildings, rides, pavement, etc.).
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

ok, thanks!
imdaman
Willard's Whizzer

Post by imdaman »

Steven,

On the latest homepage pic, do we know which park that is? Also, do we know if that is Demon or TOC in the background? I like the new orleans orbit section, are all the pics so far of gurnee only? Thanks!
jonrev
Tidal Wave

Post by jonrev »

^That was TotC because the fake rocks are'nt there.
Gurnee Ride Op - 2007
steven
Site Admin

Post by steven »

Hi,

Regarding the new Sky Whirl photo that's currently on the home page, I don't know for sure which park it is from. It's probably Santa Clara. I can't tell for sure if it's the Demon or the Turn of the Century in the background. I don't think the Demon's rocks would necessarily show in this particular view. Once the ride was converted to the Demon, there were three prominent flag poles added to the top of the lift. However, I've seen early Demon photos that were shot before the flag poles were put in place. Most likely, however, the coaster was still the Turn of the Century at the time of this photo.

Regarding the Orleans Orbit photos, the ones labeled Gurnee were labeled as such because of details in the photos that positively identify them as Gurnee. The ones that are not labeled with a location are probably Santa Clara.

Steven