Souvineir Books

Your questions and suggestions related to the GREATAMERICAparks.com site are welcome here. Information about site updates or changes will also be posted here.
pattis
Gulf Coaster

Souvineir Books

Post by pattis »

Does anyone know of any books or publications that SFGA or MGA has or had. Alot of places sell booklets with pictures and info about park. Most likely in souvinier shops. I have searched e-bay and amazon cannot find anything. Also i have looked under book stores. I would find it hard to believe that there was nothing like this ever published. Any help is appreciated.
redfishpaw
Tidal Wave

Post by redfishpaw »

I have two Marriotts books, One from 1976 and the other from 1982.
The one from 1982 is scanned and online here:

:arrow: http://www.pbase.com/redfishpaw/1982

The older one I have not had a chance to scan yet.
I also have a mini postcard book, I think Rick bought one of these
on ebay and he had posted it in another thread.
m_force_4_ever
Gulf Coaster

Post by m_force_4_ever »

wow that was amazing, thanks for sharing that
imdaman
Willard's Whizzer

Post by imdaman »

There was also an 8.5x11 book made for the santa clara MGA, similar to the one in this thread, that was made in 1982. It has a photo of the columbia, and if I had a scanner I would put it up since I have one. Some of the photos of the entertainers are identical in the books for both parks.
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

NotBill
Yankee Clipper

Post by NotBill »

Okay, now the Carousel Song made me want to cry because it brought back employee memories. These books made me cry alright, I'm a big sissy now!! Just seeing them brought back such wonderful memories as a little kid spending all day at the park in the late 70s and then reading through those souvenir books all night when I got home until I fell asleep. Great stuff guys, thanks for sharing. (goes to find Kleenex....)

--Guy
Guy Finley
aka "Bill" Finley
SFGAm Employee 1988 - 1992
redfishpaw
Tidal Wave

Post by redfishpaw »

m_force_4_ever wrote:wow that was amazing, thanks for sharing that
Your welcome. I plan on rescanning the book so that the images are clearer. I'll let everybody know once that is done. I will scan the 1976 book as well.

For now, here is one page from the 1976 book shows the Yankee Clipper. Everything looks so fresh and new. This is the ride I worked on when I started in the park in 1985. I remember the day I was hired, I went home and pulled out this book to see this photo.

:arrow: http://www.pbase.com/redfishpaw/image/47536209

Also, when I was a kid in the 70's I wanted to work on the clipper, so it really was a dream that came true. :)
m_force_4_ever
Gulf Coaster

Post by m_force_4_ever »

^I LOVE THAT COSTUME!!!!!!
pattis
Gulf Coaster

Post by pattis »

Wow, thanks for all the replys. Love all the pictures. I wonder if they will come out with a book for 30th anniversary. That would be awesome. Love those old pictures..only problem is, does not seem that long ago.