Souvenir Stationery

Your questions and suggestions related to the GREATAMERICAparks.com site are welcome here. Information about site updates or changes will also be posted here.
GreatAmerica4ever
Yankee Clipper

Souvenir Stationery

Post by GreatAmerica4ever »

I don't have an extensive GA souvenir collection. Mostly a few of the booklets and park maps. But the most precious thing to me that I own is a collection of stationery which features six different designs of pages, one of each themed areas of the park.

Does anyone else possess this? I would love to scan each page and share them with you. I think it is definitely a collector's item from the Marriott era!!
Last edited by GreatAmerica4ever on Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
steven
Site Admin

Post by steven »

Would love to see this. I hope that you can get it scanned.

Steven
GreatAmerica4ever
Yankee Clipper

I have the stationery scanned. However, can someone tell me how to post it on this website. I thought I could easily copy and paste this to the reply, but I can't.

Thanks!
steven
Site Admin

Post by steven »

Hi,

Thanks for scanning. Member uploads are currently down. I hope to them working again soon. I'll update this topic when you can upload again. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Steven
steven
Site Admin

Post by steven »

Uploading should be working again now. If you don't already have a photo album, follow the steps here to get started. Thanks.

Steven
GreatAmerica4ever
Yankee Clipper

stationery scans attached!

The souvenir stationery scans are in the photo section. Thanks Steven for helping me with my mission!

This souvenir stationery was purchased at Gurnee in 1982 or 83. There were 24 assorted pages (4 of each themed Marriot area) and the price was $1.50. The sheets measure 5 1/2'' x 9''.

Notice that many of the classic Marriot rides and attractions shown in the illustrations are no longer in both parks.

I still need to try and scan the cover properly. Since this was my first attempt on adding photos, I hope everyone enjoys them!
redfishpaw
Tidal Wave

Post by redfishpaw »

Very nice stationary, I like the artwork. I have not seen that set before, Thanks for posting it.
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

It's times like this that I wish I had a color printer! Thanks for sharing GreatAmerica4ever :D
The rides are GREAT, the shows are GREAT, the fun is GREAT, at Marriott's Great America! REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA, REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA!