AMERICAN EAGLE roller coaster television commercial added

Your questions and suggestions related to the GREATAMERICAparks.com site are welcome here. Information about site updates or changes will also be posted here.
steven
Site Admin

AMERICAN EAGLE roller coaster television commercial added

Post by steven »

Hi,

The American Eagle television commercial is now up. Also, the 1978 Marriott's GREAT AMERICA commercial that I put up only temporarily is now back. You'll find both on the multimedia page. Just click on "multimedia" in the menu on the left.

Steven
GreatAmerica4ever
Yankee Clipper

Post by GreatAmerica4ever »

Thanks, Steven!!!!!

I get to also be the first replier!!

It was so great to see these commercials. I remember them both as a kid, it is great to see the circus show parts on the ad. It really proves how carefully planned that Marriott's created and developed the parks. It would have been very interesting how the parks would have looked like if they would have kept them 31 years later.

At least Six Flags retained a little bit of Marriott. I don't know if I could handle visiting Santa Clara if I ever get there; it might be a big shock for me.

Applause, Steven, for everything you do to keep this site going. I wish it was the Summer of 1978 all over again! ;)
Tech Services 1
Willard's Whizzer

Post by Tech Services 1 »

Awesome! I've wanted to see this commercial for SO many years.
Several friends of mine and I were "extras" in the train- I think we rode it over twenty times during filming. A few of us left when they had most of the shots completed, but others stayed and rode it many more times. I'd had enough! :oops:
Sadly, the full shots of the train are too blurry to see any faces, so I can't point us out. Oh well! It's still great to see the commercial again- I had forgotten how corny it was!

Thanks Steven!

PPG
Last edited by Tech Services 1 on Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Technical Services technician
Gurnee park '81 - '86

Eegads, has it been that long?
GreatAmerica4ever
Yankee Clipper

Post by GreatAmerica4ever »

Hey, this brings another question with regards to the two parks...

Where were the majority of the TV ads filmed? Santa Clara or Gurnee...or perhaps clips of both were used at the time.

Thanks!
SFGAmfreak4life
Willard's Whizzer

Post by SFGAmfreak4life »

The older commercials are nice to watch. Thanks a lot Steven!
Go Bears!
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

Thanks for the update, but what kind of media is the American Eagle Commercial? Real? Windows Media? Quicktime?
The rides are GREAT, the shows are GREAT, the fun is GREAT, at Marriott's Great America! REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA, REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA!
jonrev
Tidal Wave

Post by jonrev »

Windows Media.

Great commercial. Cool photo on the main page.
Gurnee Ride Op - 2007
forddude1416
Gulf Coaster

Post by forddude1416 »

GreatAmerica4ever wrote:Hey, this brings another question with regards to the two parks...

Where were the majority of the TV ads filmed? Santa Clara or Gurnee...or perhaps clips of both were used at the time.

Thanks!
Most of them were filmed in Santa Clara due to climate. Unless its a ride that only we have... :wink: