Carousel Song

General discussion about Marriott's GREAT AMERICA
coasterfan71555
Gulf Coaster

Post by coasterfan71555 »

Rick and Brian: Thank you both for posting the songs. You have made the day for me! I have made a CD with both tracks (among others for a very satisfying mix) and I can't wait to play it for my Great America friends! Such wonderful memories. Does anyone remember that early in the Fright Fest years the Demon Theme was used for the nightly parade? I was at the park for ACE Coaster Con this past June and remember hearing the Carousel Song while waiting for the Sunday night ERT. So glad I can now hear these songs now whenever I want! THANK YOU BOTH SO VERY MUCH! And we must be very thankful that the park still plays these tracks!:D :lol:
What a day, what a place! What a smile on my face! My first visit was June 21, 1976, when I was less than a month from turning 21!
RandyV
Willard's Whizzer

Post by RandyV »

Brian -- the Demon queue tape is unbelievable! I made a really bad copy of the song using a micro-cassette player and standing in front of the speakers back in '83. Thanks for sharing that MP3!
Randy V.
Gurnee will always be my home park...
Mr. D.T.
Yankee Clipper

Post by Mr. D.T. »

Thanks a hundred million for the classic Carousel Song! From the time I heard it the first year I worked there, I knew it was gonna be a treasure. And now I have it on MP3!

Before I had a version recorded on my late Digital Camcorder at the end of the Fright Fest preview in 1999. More of the features you got were ambient sounds of crickets chirping, other fellow employees mingling in the background, and a piece of the Halloween theme in the beginning. I still have it but I guess I don't need it anymore.

Now I don't know if anyone knows the names of all the songs played in each section of the park during the season. I know most of it but that's another message.
PGA ROCKS
Tidal Wave

Post by PGA ROCKS »

WHOA! I just listened to the 25 minute Demon soundtrack. That ride had amazing themeing. It must have scared people in line. :shock:
I miss Tidal Wave
Mr. D.T.
Yankee Clipper

Post by Mr. D.T. »

Well duh! It's the old theming to the ride.
zingme
Buzzy Bee

Post by zingme »

I got the Demon recording a couple of years ago (during Napster's heyday) but lost it - thanks for posting it!

I really enjoy the part at about 20 minutes where the safety announcements start. Especially the male voice - I remember his voice on many pre-recorded ride announcements at the Gurnee park.

Since it seems like recordings of the music that was played in the different themed areas is hard to come by, does anyone (by chance) have any of the pre-recorded ride/safety/general announcements?
Mr. D.T.
Yankee Clipper

Post by Mr. D.T. »

What about the male announcement of several years ago for lost or separated parties which was heard throughout the park every hour? The current one is just plain getting on my nerves. There's no way to avoid it today even on ride nights.

He's the same announcer for Raging Bull, Demon, Viper, and the late Shockwave.

And by the way, I never got his name.
zjohn1988
Buzzy Bee

Post by zjohn1988 »

I doubt this, but does anyone have a sound clip of shockwave's spiels?
Mr. D.T.
Yankee Clipper

Post by Mr. D.T. »

Recently, a forum has just opened for park music downloading.

Here's to whoever said the old Main Gate music was cheesy: I THINK NOT! I listened to a sample of it and it didn't sound too disco. It felt similar to the Orleans Place soundtrack. Then again, it was recorded by the same instruments in the same studio.
"Park Base to Unit 100 and all base stations please be advised.....we have the 4 O'Clock 1085. A. 1.4; B. 23.5; C. 28.7; D. 5.1. The temperature is 77 degrees.