Fond Memories of Gurnee

General discussion about Marriott's GREAT AMERICA
HoneyBunny
Gulf Coaster

Fond Memories of Gurnee

Post by HoneyBunny »

That drive from Elgin seemed like forever. It might as well have been a 3 day road trip, but was surely only 30 mins or so. I remember scanning the horizon for the familiar flag on the top of the Sky Tower and the leap of excitement that followed when you got your first glimpse of the skeletal track of the Eagle.

I stumbled upon this site today and was so happy to find it. I think I have read or at least scanned every post thus far, and I can't tell you how many wonderful memories flooded back looking at the old pics.

Thank you thank you STEVEN, God of Great America Parks for creating this space, I know I will be telling all my old friends about it and hope they will visit and remember with all of us.

I have since moved out of state and haven't been back to Gurnee (or Ill for that matter) in many years. I'm 35 now, and the last time I went to GA, they had just taken out my favorite ride (The Tidal Wave) in favor of Batman. Booo. I haven't been back since then, it's just not the same. I would rather preserve my memories as they are of the glory days of MGA. It truly was a magical place.

:D
"How much money you got left?"
"$2.50, why?"
"Buy me a twicket!"
steven
Site Admin

Post by steven »

Welcome, HoneyBunny! Thanks for the kind words. We're glad that you're here.

Steven