Fond memories of Great America

General discussion about Marriott's GREAT AMERICA
redfishpaw
Tidal Wave

Post by redfishpaw »

[quote="pattis"]Thanks for the reply, i just do not remember that one at all, memory block i guess. Maybe i was afraid of it. [quote]

Here is a scanned Z Force photo I have from 1987

:arrow: http://www.pbase.com/redfishpaw/image/55052818
Mr. D.T.
Yankee Clipper

Post by Mr. D.T. »

As much as you Shockwave fans miss the tall blue-and-white icon overlooking Orleans Place, and I still do along with the Sky Whirl and Hay Baler, you can ride on the near clones at SFGAd and SFMM. They go by different names but they're nearly the same ride.
"Park Base to Unit 100 and all base stations please be advised.....we have the 4 O'Clock 1085. A. 1.4; B. 23.5; C. 28.7; D. 5.1. The temperature is 77 degrees.
pattis
Gulf Coaster

Post by pattis »

Thank you all for your input on all of this. The first time i went on shockwave i was so scared, but when i got off of it , it was like....lets do it again. Though i hav to admit i got banged up quite a bit on it . Back then I had a problem with anorexia and was pretty frail. The restraint was pulled all the way down but was quite loose so i was all over the place. I hurt my neck and my ear. Crazy thinking about it now, surprised they left me go on it at all. A few years after that i would go on it with my kids and they loved it also.....A great place!!!
pattis
Gulf Coaster

Post by pattis »

Here is a question..I remember late 70's probably 78 or 79 being at MGA. There was some kind of "Octoberfest" type of celebration. This was not fright fest. I do not recall any Halloween type decor. I remember a place seving Brats and Kraut and Beer. This may however have been a company picnic, but i do not think so. Anyone else remember anything like this??
dwolo
Gulf Coaster

Post by dwolo »

I remember Octoberfest! I think it was in 78. I remember it was extremely cold those weekends and attendance was low. There's a picture from the event of Hauf bra Bugs at this link,

http://www.mgareunion.com/pages/PhotosGurnee2.html