Ride Spiels

General discussion about Marriott's GREAT AMERICA
jonrev
Tidal Wave

Ride Spiels

Post by jonrev »

Does anyone have copies of the spiels used on all of the rides during the Marriott's days at the Gurnee park?
Gurnee Ride Op - 2007
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Re: Ride Spiels

Post by that_guy »

jonrev wrote:Does anyone have copies of the spiels used on all of the rides during the Marriott's days at the Gurnee park?
AND/OR Santa Clara?!?
jonrev
Tidal Wave

Post by jonrev »

Well Gurnee had some different rides than Santa Clara but go ahead if anyone has SC spiels.
Gurnee Ride Op - 2007
Tech Services 1
Willard's Whizzer

Re: Ride Spiels

Post by Tech Services 1 »

jonrev wrote:Does anyone have copies of the spiels used on all of the rides during the Marriott's days at the Gurnee park?
If you are referring to the spoken safety spiels that were repeated over and over, I may have a copy of the one from The Edge. I know I have a "blooper" tape made while we were in the recording studio, and the techs running the board started screwing around with the electronics, adding echo and other effects to my voice. :o

PPG
Technical Services technician
Gurnee park '81 - '86

Eegads, has it been that long?
jonrev
Tidal Wave

Post by jonrev »

Yea, those safety messages played over the PA that said something like:

"Welcome to the Demon. Please pull down your harness as far as it will go. While riding the demon, please hold on to all loose articles..."

If you can, please post the Edge spiel.
Gurnee Ride Op - 2007
klemrock
Gulf Coaster

Post by klemrock »

Well, I never worked for Rides, but I remember the Theatre Attendant spiel for Theatre Royale:

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls:
Welcome to Marriott's Great America and this presentation of "Its a Magic World". For your safety and the convenience of others, we ask that you refrain from using flash photography. If you need to leave the theatre for any reason during the performance, please use on of our side exits where a host or hostess will be happy to assist you. Thank you and ENJOY THE SHOW!

I can't believe I still remember that crap without hesitation! :oops: :D