Marriott Hotels near Great America?

General discussion about Marriott's GREAT AMERICA
dth1971
Yankee Clipper

Marriott Hotels near Great America?

Post by dth1971 »

Was there ever a Marriott hotel near the Santa Clara Marriott's Great America? The Gurnee Marriott's Great America never had a Marriott hotel nearby, but it was a few blocks from a Holiday Inn hotel.
JW65
Tidal Wave

Post by JW65 »

Yes, there never was a Marriott hotel built near the Gurnee park. Some of the brochures I have mention a Marriott's hotel in Lincolnshire, Illinois, (next to Buffalo Grove, Illinois) which is about 20 miles southwest of the Gurnee park.

For Santa Clara, I did a hotel search once when I considered traveling there to see the park. Marriott's has a hotel near the GA park. It is at 2700 Mission College Blvd., which is only 1 minute away from 2401 Agnew Rd., the address of Great America. This hotel has been at this location since 1976.

http://emol.org/hotel/hotelinfo/24791.html
Santa Cruisin
Yankee Clipper

Post by Santa Cruisin »

I remember it was near the south end of the park near the Barney Oldfield Speedway. The hotel was a lot smaller back then.
Tanya
Willard's Whizzer

Post by Tanya »

The Santa Clara Hotel is near the backside of the park. When I worked there, they ran a tram back and forth. I had my wedding reception at the hotel (mom thought it a cute idea since I met my first husband working at the park).