Soundtracks in the Gurnee Park Vs. Santa Clara

General discussion about Marriott's GREAT AMERICA
Mr. D.T.
Yankee Clipper

Soundtracks in the Gurnee Park Vs. Santa Clara

Post by Mr. D.T. »

I never went to the Santa Clara park but I'm curious about the soundtracks there. For those of you who have been there, would they happen to play the same stuff as the Gurnee park? I'm just asking.
"Park Base to Unit 100 and all base stations please be advised.....we have the 4 O'Clock 1085. A. 1.4; B. 23.5; C. 28.7; D. 5.1. The temperature is 77 degrees.
jonrev
Tidal Wave

Post by jonrev »

Probably not anymore since they got rid of the Marriott soundtrack this weekend. :cry:
Gurnee Ride Op - 2007
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Re: Soundtracks in the Gurnee Park Vs. Santa Clara

Post by that_guy »

Mr. D.T. wrote:I never went to the Santa Clara park but I'm curious about the soundtracks there. For those of you who have been there, would they happen to play the same stuff as the Gurnee park? I'm just asking.
Santa Clara pretty much just plays random music from their movies around the park, mood music without words. I've heard Axel F a number of times as well as many others in Orleans Place through County Fair. In Carousel Plaza or Hollywood or whatever they play standard carousel music and I am not sure about Boomerang Bay...
The rides are GREAT, the shows are GREAT, the fun is GREAT, at Marriott's Great America! REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA, REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA!
steven
Site Admin

Post by steven »

The two parks had the same background music when they were both Marriott parks. I had no idea that Gurnee was still playing the original Marriott background music up until now. The last time that I was there was in 1998 and I did not recall hearing the old familiar music during that visit. I have fond memories of the County Fair background music especially, because I first worked in County Fair at that park. I still yearn to hear it all again!

Santa Clara's background music has changed around quite a bit over the years. I have no idea what they played during the KECO years, but when Paramount first took over, the music was largely instrumental show tunes from Paramount films. Back around the time of Stealth (around 2000), Santa Clara was using pop music for the background. I actually liked a lot of it. Then a decision was made that this was the wrong music for the park and they abruptly switched back to the show tunes. I'm not too sure what they're playing this year, but I think it's still along the lines of the show tunes.

Steven
SFGAmfreak4life
Willard's Whizzer

Post by SFGAmfreak4life »

^ I know this is off topic but are you planning on visiting the Gurnee park again.
steven
Site Admin

Post by steven »

I hope to visit Gurnee this year. Not sure yet, though.

Steven
SFGAmfreak4life
Willard's Whizzer

Post by SFGAmfreak4life »

Very cool. I dont know how much of a coaster fan you are but if you love them then youll love Raging Bull, Deja Vu, and V2. Superman is a one trick pony so if the line is long just skip it. If you do make it out it would be fun if you could meet up with some of us from the board.
customfabricators
Gulf Coaster

Post by customfabricators »

The change in music is pretty much for this year only. There will be some tweaking to the soundtracks in the near future. There has been some negative feedback on the change. I would think that the original theme music would be back for the 2007 season.
Mr. D.T.
Yankee Clipper

Post by Mr. D.T. »

Here's hoping they will restore them to their full lengths and not replace them completely like PGA did!
"Park Base to Unit 100 and all base stations please be advised.....we have the 4 O'Clock 1085. A. 1.4; B. 23.5; C. 28.7; D. 5.1. The temperature is 77 degrees.