Smurf Woods

General discussion about Marriott's GREAT AMERICA
Miri
Gulf Coaster

Smurf Woods

Post by Miri »

I am new to this forum, so I am sure this has come up before I was here. Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone remembers Smurf Village at the Santa Clara park. If so, does anyone have any photos. I haven't had a chance to go thru all the photogalleries here, so if there is one, just tell me. Also after it was taken down, does anyone else remember seeing the reminants behind the Grizzly on the way to the lift hill? Creepy!
retlawfan
Yankee Clipper

Post by retlawfan »

I remember it, but I don't have any photos.
Great America Security
Santa Clara
1989-1992
RLAiello
Tidal Wave

Post by RLAiello »

Happy to oblige... this is all I have.

Rick Aiello
SFGAm Employee 1988-1999
PGA ROCKS
Tidal Wave

Post by PGA ROCKS »

So many memories! I CLEARLY remember the Smurf woods. My sister and I used to always play there because we weren't tall enough for the big rides. We'd always make my dad go into the tiny buildings with us, even though he had to duck down three feet. :lol:

Ah, what I'd give to go back in time to Great America in the 90's. :)
I miss Tidal Wave
Angry_Gumball
Gulf Coaster

Post by Angry_Gumball »

Sorry to bump a topic, but I totally remember the Smurf area and the Blue Streak. I always loved running in and out of the mushroom houses. By the way, I saw a remnant of the lost Smurf woods. In Santa Clara's Great America picnic area, where the playground is, there's a mushroom house. As soon as I saw that it totally brought back memories. If only they brought that back...