General discussion about Marriott's GREAT AMERICA
Mike & Morgan
Gulf Coaster

Post by Mike & Morgan »

Tidal Wave and Stealth
ttd rox
Yankee Clipper

Post by ttd rox »

Glorfindel7 wrote:Now that I think about it does anyone remember a ride called the "Hilltopper" or the "American Revolution? I don't really miss it, I think I only got on it once or twice.

Now Davy Jones Dinghys might have been a nice ride to try out and I missed that one.... :(
There was a ride called the "Hilltopper" and was then renamed "Industrial Revolution". It was in County Fair.
Whatta day! Whatta place!

Top 3 Coasters: 1. The Incredible Hulk 2. Maverick 3. Dragon Challenge (Fireball)
Arrow Guy
Gulf Coaster

Post by Arrow Guy »

Tidal Wave & Sky Whirl.

With Deja Vu finally gone at Gurnee, I really wish SF would lay off the coasters for a bit and get a few more family rides. Like Steven mentioned in another thread, the triple wheels should have hung on longer. For the right price, SF could have a new one. They just have to recognize the potential. If you compare the first 5 years of operation for both SW and DV, which one had greater capacity (and less downtime)? Kinda curious on that one.
Brad Sherman
Coaster modeler and overall park addict
Only 3 hours from Gurnee's Tidal Wave!
TripplePlay93
Yankee Clipper

Post by TripplePlay93 »

Two words, Sky Whirl

I find it kind of funny that they took it out for a super thrill, low capacity, high downtime ride. Sky Whirl would be perfect, Family friendly, but everyone will still ride it, High Capacity (does anybody have some numbers on it) and Low downtime. Just what the park needs.

Hear that, time to call up Intimin to make another........
Great America, My dream come true

Save Great America Raceway.
macman
Gulf Coaster

Post by macman »

Top eight rides I miss...

1.) Southern Cross
2.) Z-Force
3.) Sky Whirl
4.) ShockWave
5.) Eagle's Flight/Delta Flyer
6.) The Edge