Santa Clara Great America: RCT3

General discussion about Marriott's GREAT AMERICA
PGA ROCKS
Tidal Wave

Santa Clara Great America: RCT3

Post by PGA ROCKS »

A few years ago, I attempted to make a Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 tribute to the Marriott era of Great America. Well, I will be attempting it again. Hopefully, my computer won't crash like it did last time. :(
Once I break ground, I will try to post some pictures, and maybe I'll even upload it on the internet, but I'm not making any promises. Hopefully this project will bring back memories for everyone who went to Marriott's Great America.

I've been wanting to do this for a while, but school has constantly got in the way. Luckily I only have two weeks left. :D
I miss Tidal Wave
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

Two weeks?! Wow, Friday my last day... Whatever sorry, pointless post... Itried to do this too, didn't come out well I got to the train station and then pretty much abandoned it, pretty sad if you think of it. Anyways Good Luck!
The rides are GREAT, the shows are GREAT, the fun is GREAT, at Marriott's Great America! REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA, REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA!
PGA ROCKS
Tidal Wave

Post by PGA ROCKS »

I'm not really paying much attention to stuff like the stations, but I am using plenty of foliage!
I miss Tidal Wave
PGAsecurity99
Gulf Coaster

Post by PGAsecurity99 »

I tried to recreate MGA on RCT once. It was very difficult, but fairly fun. I have never seen RCT3 or 2, but some of the flat rides do not exist on RCT 1. Good luck with that.
rctnw
Buzzy Bee

Post by rctnw »

Good luck with the RCT3 version. Although I don’t have RCT3, I would love to see some of the SS’s of the park.

I’m working on a large project in RCT2 that is dedicated to the park. It’s not intended to be a recreation of either Gurnee or SC but rather what it would look like if a third park was actually built. In other words, I have created the major attractions however the locations are different and some of the layouts are modified however there is no mistaken what the ride was about. This is mainly due to the limitations of the game.

Here is the logo that was created for the project along with a few of the SS take from the game. I’ll try and get more posted soon.

The park includes Tidal Wave, Demon, Freefall, grand music hall and others.
tillenterprises
Gulf Coaster

Post by tillenterprises »

rctnw wrote:The park includes Tidal Wave, Demon, Freefall, grand music hall and others.
Freefall? Do you mean the Edge? If so, I wanna see it! Can you post the ride so we can download it?
PGA ROCKS
Tidal Wave

Post by PGA ROCKS »

My park does not look nearly as good as yours. And mine is in 3D! :oops:
I miss Tidal Wave
Matt Hart
Buzzy Bee

Post by Matt Hart »

My park does not look nearly as good as yours. And mine is in 3D!
Good luck with this project. I'd really love to see it when it's done, or even as you make progress.

I really wish I had taken some pictures in those early days, but since I was only about 8 or 9 when MGA opened, I guess I wasn't thinking along those lines.
PGA ROCKS
Tidal Wave

Post by PGA ROCKS »

Trust me, it's not as good as I was advertising it to be. To be frank, I think it sucks. :( I'll try to post pics when i figure out how to take screen shots. Then you be the judge...

P.S, I have no clue as to how i take screenshots, or how to post pics on this site.
I miss Tidal Wave
the Crypt Cruiser
Gulf Coaster

PGA in RCT3

Post by the Crypt Cruiser »

I did one a year and a half ago. It's all Paramount though. You can download it from my website and retro-fit it. I'm sure it will run really good after you remove all the Nickleodeon stuff. I'm actually in the process of fixing up that park with better scenery and the new "Wild" plain stalls to shoot a new movie. :wink:

Heres the url to take you directly to the page.
http://www.whiteknuckles.cryptcruiser.com/rct3.htm

Crypt Cruiser
PGA ROCKS
Tidal Wave

Post by PGA ROCKS »

OMG, that is awesome! Mine sucks. :(
I miss Tidal Wave
the Crypt Cruiser
Gulf Coaster

PGA in RCT3

I'm sure it doesn't. You can Do it. It took me almost 5 months to build that park. I actually wore out a map. It takes time, not skill.
:wink:
the Crypt Cruiser
Gulf Coaster

PGA upgrade update

Thought you guys might want to see how it's going.

PGA ROCKS
Tidal Wave

Post by PGA ROCKS »

My mouth is open in shock of how amazingly accurate that is.
I miss Tidal Wave
WestBurbs14
Yankee Clipper

Good Stuff

Post by WestBurbs14 »

Crypt Cruiser, those are great images. Good job.