Theming

General discussion about Marriott's GREAT AMERICA
greatamericagirl
Buzzy Bee

Theming

Post by greatamericagirl »

Is anyone else disappointed in the theming? I went yesterday and it's a total Marvel Comics push instead of Bugs, etc (WB) push. I tried getting a t-shirt that was cute, something with Bugs or a character and it's all Marvel or general GA "tribal" wear. It sucks.
GreatAmerica4ever
Yankee Clipper

Post by GreatAmerica4ever »

I am assuming that you were at Gurnee. It is amazing that you can't even find much of Looney Tune merchanidise anymore. You are right, it seems like everything is a super-hero comic book!
greatamericagirl
Buzzy Bee

yep Gurnee

Post by greatamericagirl »

Been going since 1978. It's very, very strange to go there. I remember being so little ridding the bumble bee ride wearing pigtails on the side of my head, to the mid 80s wearing really, really bad pink shorts and shirt (hello 1985!), to now being 35 and I can't wait to bring my own when we have them.

But yea the theming is a shame. I always loved the Bugs w/ the stars and stripes.
Demonlover13
Tidal Wave

Post by Demonlover13 »

Demon?
I need a great day this year, or 2, or 30!
Papas
Yankee Clipper

Re: yep Gurnee

Post by Papas »

greatamericagirl wrote: But yea the theming is a shame. I always loved the Bugs w/ the stars and stripes.
Bugs with stars & stripes costume is still there in the Spirit of America show.
Demonlover13
Tidal Wave

Post by Demonlover13 »

That's true. The show is really corny but hey... it's worth it to see the old bugs costume.
I need a great day this year, or 2, or 30!