Loggers Run vs. Yankee Clipper

General discussion about Marriott's GREAT AMERICA
dpxtreme
Tidal Wave

Loggers Run vs. Yankee Clipper

Post by dpxtreme »

Which flume do you guys like better? Whether it be the flumes at SFGam, or the former Yankee Clipper and semi re-routed Loggers Run at GA.

I went on Yankee Clipper at GA back in 1997, the year before they took it out for Stealth so I don't remember it that well. But, I would have to say Loggers Run is better. I have heard that YC doesn't get you that wet compared to LR.

*And does anyone have any footage of Yankee Clipper at either park? (POV or off-ride). I have searched everywhere online and can't find anything.

And this kind of bothers me. Why in the world would SFGam paint their logs black? :shock: Have you ever seen a black tree before? (Besided it being burnt).
RandyV
Willard's Whizzer

Post by RandyV »

Loggers Run for me ... bigger splash at the bottom. :)
Randy V.
Gurnee will always be my home park...
Cheesehead Dave
Yankee Clipper

Post by Cheesehead Dave »

I liked the overall theming of the Logger's station and queues better. Plus, we didn't have to wear the goofy Yankee Harbor costumes; the Yukon costumes dried out much quicker if we took test rides sans raincoats on hot days.

Oh, and I met my wife at Loggers, so I'm biased... :lol:
SFGAmfreak4life
Willard's Whizzer

Post by SFGAmfreak4life »

For me it's Yankee Clipper because I like the straight drop better.
Go Bears!
coasterfan71555
Gulf Coaster

Post by coasterfan71555 »

I would have to say that I like Logger's Run a bit better, because of the double-dip drop! I just wish they would go back to using both sides of the drops on both rides, as they were designed. And, I wish that Yankee Clipper was open all season.
What a day, what a place! What a smile on my face! My first visit was June 21, 1976, when I was less than a month from turning 21!
dpxtreme
Tidal Wave

Post by dpxtreme »

The reason I heard that the Loggers Run in Santa Clara doesn't use both sides of the chute, is that the gate at the very top of the chute that makes the logs go on which ever side, was always giving them mechanical problems so they just disabled it.
tillenterprises
Gulf Coaster

Post by tillenterprises »

Yankee Clipper is my favorite! It was the first "big" ride I ever went on at GA, on my first visit in 1977!
Tidal Wave
Willard's Whizzer

Post by Tidal Wave »

I like the Yankee Clipper boats more but over all I like Logger's Run, but enjoy both of them at SFGAM
WestBurbs14
Yankee Clipper

Loggers Run

Post by WestBurbs14 »

I prefer the Loggers Run. The wavy shape of the drop is more enjoyable, and the splash is bigger, which is good in hot weather. I'll give points to the Clipper, though, for the jump at the bottom of its drop.
Glorfindel7
Tidal Wave

Post by Glorfindel7 »

Loggers run, it appeared that you got wetter on it. Plus that one jump on the Clipper just didn't make the overall splash any better (spoiled it a bit).
GreatAmericaFan17
Buzzy Bee

Post by GreatAmericaFan17 »

My Favorite Between The Two Would Have to Be Loggers Run, It Seems Whenever I go to SFGAM Loggers Run is Open and Yankee Clipper is Not Open :? The line seems to Always Move Pretty Fast When I go on Loggers Run in the Summer.
I'll Think of a Signature somepoint...
Angry_Gumball
Gulf Coaster

Post by Angry_Gumball »

Only ridden LR. I love the double dip drop as it provides some nice floater air coming down. Closest I got to riding YC was standing in line near the station when the ride went down. I recall seeing on of YC's boats floating in a pond, randomly spinning around and thought it was funny at the time. (I was young and thought random things like that were funny)
Nystagmus
Gulf Coaster

Post by Nystagmus »

Loggers for me.

It was my first water ride I went on. I thought it wasn't as scary as Yankee. I thought Yankee would be too fast because it went "straight down" as I called it. :)

Plus, I found an nickel in our log which made me one happy 7 year old.
yankee Clipper91
Willard's Whizzer

Post by yankee Clipper91 »

I do like both Loggers Run and Yankee Clipper. But I would have to say that the Yankee Clipper is better because I like a staight drop down rather than a bump then down. I will admit that Loggers Run gets you wetter.
RIP Sky Whirl (1976-2000)
ttd rox
Yankee Clipper

Post by ttd rox »

Logger's Run! The drop is really intense for a log flume/chute! It gets you a lot wetter too!
Whatta day! Whatta place!

Top 3 Coasters: 1. The Incredible Hulk 2. Maverick 3. Dragon Challenge (Fireball)