Marriott Soundtracks

General discussion about Marriott's GREAT AMERICA
Mr. D.T.
Yankee Clipper

Marriott Soundtracks

Post by Mr. D.T. »

I'm starting a topic which focuses solely on the Marriott park soundtracks from Gurnee and in Santa Clara.

I know that most of the soundtracks are the same soundtracks that the park has had, and I happen to be a big fan of them since I first worked in Park Services. But I'm thinking most soundtracks were cut short since they were transferred to CD from the reel-to-reel. I like the carousel, Hometown, and Yukon soundtracks the best, but the rest are classics as well.

What are your opinions?
"Park Base to Unit 100 and all base stations please be advised.....we have the 4 O'Clock 1085. A. 1.4; B. 23.5; C. 28.7; D. 5.1. The temperature is 77 degrees.
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

I'm too busy wishing I could have heard them…
BrianPlencner
Tidal Wave

Post by BrianPlencner »

I worked in Park Services at the Gurnee Park between 1988 and 1990. During that time, my home area was orleans place, but I did work in the other sections of the park as well.

I agree that the Yukon section had some great music, but I also liked Orleans Place as well.

Speaking of reel-to-reel, I remember seeing them the one year in the Gurnee Park in the Tech Services building. It was a room that had them up on the wall, and each one was labled with the section that they were for.

I know the question has been asked before, but I wonder if there is a way to get a hold of the music that was used in each section. Knowing that we now have the Demon Theme, and the Carousel Song, it would complete the collection.
===========================================
Mr. Brian Plencner
SFGAm Employee: 1988-1992
Mr. D.T.
Yankee Clipper

Post by Mr. D.T. »

I know that, Brian. I read one of your posts in the Carousel Song column. I just wonder if Tech still even has the reel-to-reels anymore. From 1998 to 2001 Hometown's soundtrack was cut terribly short by accident to 30 minutes but then most of it was recovered in 2002 but still cut short somehow. I can tell because the CD stops in the middle of one of the songs before starting over again. So I assume they still have the reel-to-reels.

I forgot, the Bugs Bunny Land and Main Gate (discotech) soundtracks are not playing anymore and they haven't been since I started in 1998. I don't know them by heart.
"Park Base to Unit 100 and all base stations please be advised.....we have the 4 O'Clock 1085. A. 1.4; B. 23.5; C. 28.7; D. 5.1. The temperature is 77 degrees.
steven
Site Admin

Post by steven »

I've stated before that I'd LOVE to be able to hear all of the area music again from the MGA days. I recently got to listen to a sampling of some of the old area music. It kind of does strange things to your head to hear some of that music again after so many years have passed since the days of hearing it all day long every day while working in the park. It activates some long-lost memories. At Eagle's Flight, there was one song in the County Fair music that I always liked a lot. Sadly, that song was not included in the assortment that I recently got to hear. I won't rest easy until I get to hear that song again someday!

Steven