A new idea I'm working on

General discussion about Marriott's GREAT AMERICA
PGA ROCKS
Tidal Wave

A new idea I'm working on

Post by PGA ROCKS »

I currently have Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, and I just had an awesome idea. One day, I was thinking, and I've decided I'm going to use my game to create a park that has a majority of the original Marriott rides. so far, I've already put in a Turn Of The Century, and Bottoms Up. Never rode both of them, but it's easy. I won't be able to do stuff like Yukon Yahoo or Sky Whirl because the game doesn't come with them. I should be near done in just a few days. I'll try to get some pictures of it. So what do you think?
I miss Tidal Wave
jonrev
Tidal Wave

Post by jonrev »

Great Idea! Can't wait to see it! :D
Gurnee Ride Op - 2007
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

I like the idea, too bad Ataris couldn't have put in any older rides though, only all the new stuff. It really bugs me, but its impossible to make Turn of the Century/ Demon, well correctly. i have tried way to many times but yeah I WOULD LIKE TO SEE WHAT YOU CREATE :D . Plus the Whizzer is hard to make (I don't even know how to creat a spiral lift). And overall the Flat rides are too new for the original park but you could make something like the yukon yahoo with a coaster…(ok sorry I love that game even though it is REALLY limiting)
jonrev
Tidal Wave

Post by jonrev »

I made a Bayern Kurve ride using the Looping Coaster (Schwartzkopf) track. Make it launched and just make a upward turn, small dip, downward turn to station and make it make like 7 circuits.
Gurnee Ride Op - 2007
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

Now that I think of it, nevermind, because a "bayern curve" has a lot of cars which you can't simulate on the game so yeah…
JW65
Tidal Wave

Post by JW65 »

Any pics of your project, PGA Rocks? I'd be interested to see them.
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

mmhmm mmhmm
PGA ROCKS
Tidal Wave

Post by PGA ROCKS »

I could just cry. I was on a roll with it, but, the computer crashed. The system was wiped, including the file, and, all the coasters I made. :( :(

But, I guess I could try and start over. I'll try to post pics after I've started. I can't do it right now because I've been having a lot of homework lately. Wish me luck on restarting the project! :)
I miss Tidal Wave
jonrev
Tidal Wave

Post by jonrev »

That sucks big time.
Gurnee Ride Op - 2007
m11stephen2
Yankee Clipper

Post by m11stephen2 »

Good Luck :D My system crashed but it saved all of my rct2 games :?:
PGA ROCKS
Tidal Wave

Post by PGA ROCKS »

Oh, this is good. I don't have any homework. I will begin reconstruction right now. I'll try to post pics as soon as possible. Cross your fingers that the computer stays in one piece. :P
I miss Tidal Wave
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

Lucky!!! (lol loads of homework today)
PGA ROCKS
Tidal Wave

Post by PGA ROCKS »

I've done tons of work on it today! It has rides and attractions from both parks (e.g. Redwood Ampitheatre from PGA and Cajun Cliffhanger from SFGA etc.). It's been a lot of hard work. So far, I've done most of the themed areas.

In the Carousel Plaza, I have put the flower garden in front and the reflecting pool in front of Columbia. I've put in Sky Tower, Pictorium, and Carousel Columbia (They're not exactly accurate).

In Hometown Square, I've put Triple Play, Bottom's Up, Hometown Grill, Willard's Whizzer, and Grand Music Hall. Everything is very inaccurate (e.g. Whizzer is off because I've never ridden it, Triple Play is a scrambler, and Grand Music Hall is a circus :P) But it's still pleasing to the eyes.

In Orleans Place, I put the Redwood Ampitheatre (PGA ONLY, and I think it wasn't put in until Paramount but, oh well), Orleans Orbit, Rue Le Dodge, Cajun Cliffhanger (SFGA ONLY, Removed), and Pizza Orleans.

In Yankee Harbor, I put Tidal Wave (gone at both), Lobster (gone at PGA), Spinnaker (LONG GONE), Yankee Clipper (gone at PGA), Davey Jones' Dinghies (SFGA ONLY, Removed), and Buzzy Bee (not accurate).

In Yukon Territory, which is currently in development, I've only put Loggers Run right now, along with Sas. Scrambler (gone at PGA).

I still have to finish Yukon and County Fair, but I will keep you updated to where I am at in the project. I'll try to get pics up as soon as possible.

If you have RCT3, I'll be uploading the park at a fansite, but I don't know which one yet. If you want to see the "finished" version, I'll be happy to say where it is when I've uploaded it onto the internet. Wish me luck!

sorry for such a long post.
I miss Tidal Wave
jonrev
Tidal Wave

Post by jonrev »

Redwood Theatre was a post-Marriott part.
Gurnee Ride Op - 2007
PGA ROCKS
Tidal Wave

Post by PGA ROCKS »

Oh well, it's something extra.
I miss Tidal Wave