Santa Clara Orleans Orbit

All about the rides at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA and post-Marriott rides, too
imdaman
Willard's Whizzer

Santa Clara Orleans Orbit

Post by imdaman »

Steven, have you heard any news about the status of the orleans orbit at PGA, or is it just a rumor?
steven
Site Admin

Post by steven »

I don't know anything about this yet. I haven't looked into it.

Steven
imdaman
Willard's Whizzer

Post by imdaman »

Steven, did you happen to find out anything about the orbit? Of course, it is not near the new Survivor ride.
cadillacman56
Buzzy Bee

Post by cadillacman56 »

Well it appears Orbit's removal is practically confirmed. PGA has issued its new map PARK MAP. If you look closely you'll see only a green patch covers the area where Orbit stood, and if you downloaded PDF, you would see Orbit is no longer in the ride section. That's a shame too, it was quite a classic. :cry:

Also, adding insult to injury, some of the park sections have been renamed and resized. I believ the "County Fair" section has been renamed something like "Action Place". At least we have the memories.
imdaman
Willard's Whizzer

Post by imdaman »

Thanks for pointing out that info, although it's definately sad news :(
steven
Site Admin

Post by steven »

I've gotten confirmation from the park that the Santa Clara Orleans Orbit is gone. 2005 was its last season.

Steven
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

Oh great, another one is gone...what kind of a name is Action Zone really...
All I hope is that they replace it sometime good in the future, maybe a HUSS Fly Away would work... :D

http://www.hussrides.com/511ClassicFlyAway.htm
The rides are GREAT, the shows are GREAT, the fun is GREAT, at Marriott's Great America! REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA, REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA!
SFGAmfreak4life
Willard's Whizzer

Post by SFGAmfreak4life »

This is sad news. It seems like PGA is trying to get rid of all the Marriott rides. What just happened to County Fair happened at SFGAm 2 years ago. Part of Orleans Place was renamed Mardi Gras which I didn't like and still don't. With PGA renaming part of County Fair Action Zone is ridiculous. Not the renaming itself but the name. What were they thinking?
WhizzerSFGAm
Yankee Clipper

Post by WhizzerSFGAm »

^ I dont see what the big deal is about Mardi Gras, there was nothing left in that part of Orleans Place, it needed the make-over. :roll:

As far as PGA goes, having SFGAm as my home park I can laugh. If I had PGA as my home park, I would be outraged with all the stuff they're ruining. They took out Greased Lightning in 2002, this is 2006 and they still haven't put anything there :evil: Triple Play left after 2004, also not replaced :x Now they are doing the same thing with Orbit. :o I can only conclude that the management at PGA is on something :lol:
It's Whizzer time!
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

WhizzerSFGAm wrote:^ I dont see what the big deal is about Mardi Gras, there was nothing left in that part of Orleans Place, it needed the make-over. :roll:

As far as PGA goes, having SFGAm as my home park I can laugh. If I had PGA as my home park, I would be outraged with all the stuff they're ruining. They took out Greased Lightning in 2002, this is 2006 and they still haven't put anything there :evil: Triple Play left after 2004, also not replaced :x Now they are doing the same thing with Orbit. :o I can only conclude that the management at PGA is on something :lol:
I'm one of those people, very annoyed, and there is just a line of rides leaving!!!! It's all for the money, I guess the newer rides have less maintenance issues than the old ones, plus less rides to operate if they are not replaced... all I know is at least there is space for future attractions
The rides are GREAT, the shows are GREAT, the fun is GREAT, at Marriott's Great America! REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA, REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA!
imdaman
Willard's Whizzer

Post by imdaman »

As I remember back years ago..... I think the orleans orbit was the first ride I ever went on at great america, so it's like a part of me has been removed along with the ride. Steven, did you happen to hear the rides fate? Is it sitting in a parking lot, scrapped, sold? Thanks!
redfishpaw
Tidal Wave

Post by redfishpaw »

steven wrote:I've gotten confirmation from the park that the Santa Clara Orleans Orbit is gone. 2005 was its last season.

Steven
Steven,

Did the park say why the ride was being removed or where they where going to send it to? Was the orbit in it's original Marriotts location?
Last edited by redfishpaw on Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
redfishpaw
Tidal Wave

Post by redfishpaw »

cadillacman56 wrote:Well it appears Orbit's removal is practically confirmed. PGA has issued its new map PARK MAP. If you look closely you'll see only a green patch covers the area where Orbit stood,
this does not work for me
Last edited by redfishpaw on Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

redfishpaw wrote:
cadillacman56 wrote:Well it appears Orbit's removal is practically confirmed. PGA has issued its new map PARK MAP. If you look closely you'll see only a green patch covers the area where Orbit stood,
this like does not work for me
The high resolution map doesn't seem to be working, but heres the low (its not too bad):

http://www2.paramountparks.com/greatame ... p-2006.pdf
jonrev
Tidal Wave

Post by jonrev »

County Fair is still County Fair. I thought it was changing to Action Zone.
Gurnee Ride Op - 2007