2006/04/01

Survivor The Ride

Carousel Columbia at 30

BrianPlencner
Tidal Wave

Post by BrianPlencner »

Steven,

Nice pictures!

By the way, did you ride Survivor, and if so, how was it?

--Brian
===========================================
Mr. Brian Plencner
SFGAm Employee: 1988-1992
dpxtreme
Tidal Wave

Post by dpxtreme »

Here is a video of Survivor in action. The quality is kind of poor because it's from my cell phone.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=omfbzMHIP44
steven
Site Admin

Post by steven »

Thanks, Brian!

The ride is great! It's a lot of fun. It feels fast, with large, swooping, diving and climbing movements. The path traversed through the air seems unpredictable. Everyone seemed to really enjoy this ride.

dpxtreme,
Thanks for the video link. Here's another video from today:
http://www.greatamericaparks.com/temp/pga2006.wmv (12 MB WMV file -- please right-click and save).

Steven
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

So how was the park, anything noticeably different from last year?
Was it really crowded?
The rides are GREAT, the shows are GREAT, the fun is GREAT, at Marriott's Great America! REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA, REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA!
dpxtreme
Tidal Wave

Post by dpxtreme »

Nothing too different besides Survivor. Just minor things such as; Vortex's restraints are now yellow instead of purple, very minor things. It wasn't that crowded at all. The longest line I waited in was Survivor (obviously), and Vortex because it was only operating one train.
steven
Site Admin

Post by steven »

It was quite busy on Saturday with lots of special events and activities, including the radio station promotions and evening party. Sunday was far less busy with rain being threatened, which eventually came.

Steven
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

dpxtreme wrote:Nothing too different besides Survivor. Just minor things such as; Vortex's restraints are now yellow instead of purple, very minor things. It wasn't that crowded at all. The longest line I waited in was Survivor (obviously), and Vortex because it was only operating one train.
Wait, are the same restraints, only a different color, or shaped differently too? I would be so happy if the top of the restraint was a little lower because there seems to be a MAJOR head banging problem on that one...
So pretty much your telling me I have to see for my self ey, now I can't wait for Spring Break!!! GRRR

P.s. Thanks for the photos and videos every one!
The rides are GREAT, the shows are GREAT, the fun is GREAT, at Marriott's Great America! REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA, REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA!
Bush985
Gulf Coaster

Post by Bush985 »

Steven,
Could you send that photo you took of us in the queue line. That would be great. Good seeing you on Saturday. Hope you had a good day. Sunday was a very, very busy one for me, and I didn't find much time to go out into the park.

TTYL
-RD
dpxtreme
Tidal Wave

Post by dpxtreme »

^^The restraints were the same, just the color was different. I think it looks better yellow than purple. But I think they should paint the whole track a darker purple instead of half purple and half yellow. The contrast would look really nice.
steven
Site Admin

Post by steven »

Bush985 wrote:Steven,
Could you send that photo you took of us in the queue line. That would be great. Good seeing you on Saturday. Hope you had a good day. Sunday was a very, very busy one for me, and I didn't find much time to go out into the park.
Thanks, RD. It was great to see you and everyone on Saturday. I thought of including that photo here in this photo set, but also thought that I should ask first before putting it online. I'll send it to you.

Steven
Bush985
Gulf Coaster

Post by Bush985 »

Steven you can go ahead and post it here if you want. No big deal.

Glad you enjoyed your day at the park.
-RD
steven
Site Admin

Post by steven »

Friendly faces in the queue:

I emailed you a copy in the size that you requested.

Steven