I Went to PGA Yesterday

All about the rides at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA and post-Marriott rides, too
PGA ROCKS
Tidal Wave

I Went to PGA Yesterday

Post by PGA ROCKS »

I have two things to say right now.

1. I got to ride Survivor the Ride. It was very fun! Only, I had to wait an hour for it. The line moved ridiculously slow. But it was worth it.

2. While going up the lift hill of Vortex, I noticed something surprising. Everyone knows that Orleans Orbit's operating life is over at PGA. But listen to this. I looked over where the ride area is. THE RIDE WAS STILL THERE!!!!!!!!!!!! I could see the red cabins, the wheel, everything! Only, the queue area became a designated smoking area. What a shame.
I miss Tidal Wave
dpxtreme
Tidal Wave

Post by dpxtreme »

Even though Survivor can seat 40 people at once, the line still moves slow.

And I don't know what's going on with The Orbit. It's been like that since the season first started. They probably won't take it out until the end of the season.
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

dpxtreme wrote:Even though Survivor can seat 40 people at once, the line still moves slow.

And I don't know what's going on with The Orbit. It's been like that since the season first started. They probably won't take it out until the end of the season.
Or it might stay?!
Does anyone else think their is a chance Cedar Fair will decide to reopen it?
The rides are GREAT, the shows are GREAT, the fun is GREAT, at Marriott's Great America! REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA, REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA!
dpxtreme
Tidal Wave

Post by dpxtreme »

I'm puzzled. When they decided to remove Triple Play, they wasted no time and removed it before the next season started. Now, with The Orbit, they fence the whole area off, and the ride is still there, with 1/4 of the season over. As of right now, I don't know what to think. If anyone knows anything, please say something.
redfishpaw
Tidal Wave

Post by redfishpaw »

Steven already pointed out last month (in the SC orbit thread) that the ride was still there and simply fenced in. Why should we think that the ride is going to be removed at all?? It could be simply closed for a season. Could be a mechanical issue/or overhall, could be some legal issue, who knows. I'm assuming that the ride is going to be sitting there for a while.
Tanya
Willard's Whizzer

Post by Tanya »

Could it be possible that talks were in the works for the sale and they had to put a hold on anything they were preparing to do?
imdaman
Willard's Whizzer

Post by imdaman »

I just want to see it saved and not scrapped, of course the best is if they bring it back next season.
retlawfan
Yankee Clipper

Post by retlawfan »

imdaman wrote:I just want to see it saved and not scrapped, of course the best is if they bring it back next season.
As the "Cedar Orbit"?
Great America Security
Santa Clara
1989-1992
Stealthguy05
Gulf Coaster

Post by Stealthguy05 »

Tanya wrote:Could it be possible that talks were in the works for the sale and they had to put a hold on anything they were preparing to do?
Bingo! I'm pretty Sure thats what it is!

Bonfante Gardens in 5 years **Ahh.. imagin riding a mega coaster weaving through those gillroy hills
in and around trees while going 80 MPH +... **

I can dream right?! :evil: