30th Anniversary Survey

General discussion about Marriott's GREAT AMERICA
Glorfindel7
Tidal Wave

Post by Glorfindel7 »

What would I like to see for a 30th anniversary?

Definitely would love to see one of the areas of the park outfitted in the way it was in 1976. My vote for this would be Hometown Square because it's the smallest of the major themed areas

I used to love when I was little going into the Hot Shoppe for dime root beers served out of a glass .. you would have to wait about 1/2 hour just to get in the door!

I also would like to see the traveling entertainment brought back to certain areas (I remember the trombone players wearing the derbys in the Farmer's Market.)
RLAiello
Tidal Wave

Post by RLAiello »

For the Park's 30th Anniversary, I'd love to see the trolleys running again. I know Gurnee still has the trolley tracks (don't know about SC)... but that little extra touch of charm has been missing for many years now. I wonder if they even still have the trolleys?
Rick Aiello
SFGAm Employee 1988-1999
imdaman
Willard's Whizzer

Post by imdaman »

The trolley tracks at PGA are gone, although it's easy to follow the outline of the tracks since the park just did a patch job. I'd like to see the train brought back, although only a small section of track remains near Demon at PGA.
LS202
Gulf Coaster

Post by LS202 »

I would also like to see the train return to PGA. Its ashame they took it out. Maybe Cedar Fair will put in a new one. One can hope......
Laura Carousel Souviners 85-86
minivanmegafun
Buzzy Bee

Post by minivanmegafun »

RLAiello wrote:For the Park's 30th Anniversary, I'd love to see the trolleys running again. I know Gurnee still has the trolley tracks (don't know about SC)... but that little extra touch of charm has been missing for many years now. I wonder if they even still have the trolleys?
Gurnee still has the trolleys, they're used twice a day in the parade.
Merchandise (Bugs & Co) 1999
Merchandise (Casual Pool) 2000
Cash Control (Pickup Teller) 2004
Cash Control (Night Supervisor) 2005-