New Kids Area at SFGA

Share your memories of working at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA in Gurnee
RLAiello
Tidal Wave

New Kids Area at SFGA

Post by RLAiello »

The Chicago Tribune broke the news today about the latest offerings at SFGA. The article link is below:

Six Flags gives kids plenty of Wiggle room
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... i-news-hed
Rick Aiello
SFGAm Employee 1988-1999
redfishpaw
Tidal Wave

Post by redfishpaw »

Being a parent, I find this disappointing news. We pretty much stay clear of the Wiggles in our familly, as does any other parent I know. This does not seem like a good move for SFGA. First a bad freeway sign, now this.
SFGAmfreak4life
Willard's Whizzer

Post by SFGAmfreak4life »

I found the confirmation of Wiggles World disappointing and more so when I watched this video http://www.sixflags.com/parks/newenglan ... world.html SFGAm already has Camp Cartoon Network and Looney Tunes National Park so I dont see a need for another kids area. I think it will take ridership away from American Eagle because the Wiggles World is going to be under the tent. I think people are just going to see a big kids area and just walk away.

The Wiggles are weird and Six Flags is targeting too young of an age group. If parents want to take their kids on small rides then go to Kiddieland while its still there.
Go Bears!
GreatAmerica4ever
Yankee Clipper

Post by GreatAmerica4ever »

Yes, I find it a little disappointing, too.

Isn't that kind of strange that Disney's Wiggles are going to be with Warner Brothers characters? It's bad enough that Great America added Hanna-Barbera characters years ago.

Unfortunately, I guess, Six Flags is there to make money. If this is the way they are going to have to do it without increasing an admission ticket even more, we will have to accept it.

I just hope that this park doesn't end up like Paramount's!!!!!
lysandbrendansmom
Buzzy Bee

Post by lysandbrendansmom »

redfishpaw wrote:Being a parent, I find this disappointing news. We pretty much stay clear of the Wiggles in our familly, as does any other parent I know. This does not seem like a good move for SFGA. First a bad freeway sign, now this.
I totally agree!! My son is 22 months old and we stay clear of the wiggles too...He doesnt even know who the Wiggles are!!
Glorfindel7
Tidal Wave

Post by Glorfindel7 »

lysandbrendansmom wrote:
redfishpaw wrote:Being a parent, I find this disappointing news. We pretty much stay clear of the Wiggles in our familly, as does any other parent I know. This does not seem like a good move for SFGA. First a bad freeway sign, now this.
I totally agree!! My son is 22 months old and we stay clear of the wiggles too...He doesnt even know who the Wiggles are!!

I don't even know who the Wiggles are!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Stealthguy05
Gulf Coaster

Post by Stealthguy05 »

WTH is "The Wiggles" ?!?

:wink:
dpxtreme
Tidal Wave

Post by dpxtreme »

Same here. I've heard of the Wiggles but I have no clue who or what they/it are/is.
redfishpaw
Tidal Wave

Post by redfishpaw »

xxlatinogueroxx
Yankee Clipper

Post by xxlatinogueroxx »

Honestly I do not like the idea of Wiggles. They couldve done something better than Wiggles. Its good for the kids but they couldve brought something else for the kids. The Eagle's tent did need something to be done to it but not wiggles. Plus Wiggles is disney not Bugs Bunny!
binks drake
Gulf Coaster

Post by binks drake »

Trust me guys, personally I find the wiggles a little frightening, but trust me when I say the area looks better then ever before. The rides look good the area is very colorful, I wasn't the biggest fan of the idea when I first heard about it but trust me the area looks amazing.
Papas
Yankee Clipper

Post by Papas »

Wiggles World is great! The SS Feathersword slides are fun, and all the rides are fun for what they are. Dorothy's Rosie Teacups is insane. Area is very colorful and well themed, a great addition to SFGAm. Sure beats a tired old queue house :).
GreatAmerica4ever
Yankee Clipper

Post by GreatAmerica4ever »

Does anyone have some good pix of this new area?? I probably won't be able to get there until July. Thx
jonrev
Tidal Wave

Post by jonrev »

Although I really like how Six Flags is hellbent on bringing in families (families = $$$), Wiggles doesn't fit in really well with Great America. The frog hopper and teacups do look fun though.
Gurnee Ride Op - 2007
Papas
Yankee Clipper

Post by Papas »

GreatAmerica4ever wrote:Does anyone have some good pix of this new area?? I probably won't be able to get there until July. Thx
http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/vi ... highlight=