LOBSTER

Your questions and suggestions related to the GREATAMERICAparks.com site are welcome here. Information about site updates or changes will also be posted here.
coolwavepic
Gulf Coaster

LOBSTER

Post by coolwavepic »

Would love to see a section for The Lobster (East River Craweler) and why both parks had diffrerent versions.
PGAsecurity99
Gulf Coaster

Post by PGAsecurity99 »

I always liked the Lobster. So far, you are the one to say anything about it. Why is it being dissed?
GreatAmerica4ever
Yankee Clipper

Post by GreatAmerica4ever »

Yeah, it is a great ride. I don't understand why they changed the name from the Lobster. That definitely help kill more of the theming in the Yankee Harbor section. :(
steven
Site Admin

Post by steven »

The Lobster has been added. Unfortunately, right now I haven't found any photos of the Gurnee Lobster during the Marriott days. So the only photos right now are of the Santa Clara ride. Also, I don't know when the final season was for the Santa Clara Lobster. Anyone know for sure?

I don't know the reason behind why the two Lobsters were different. It could be that the manufacturers couldn't supply two in time for opening day. Or it could be that they wanted a higher-capacity version for Gurnee, which probably cost more, and so they went for that model for Gurnee. Those are just a couple of guesses.

The Lobster.

Steven
PGA ROCKS
Tidal Wave

Post by PGA ROCKS »

Great page Steven. It's great to see another classic ride from the Mariott era. But it saddens me that Lobster was also taken out. :(
I miss Tidal Wave
jonrev
Tidal Wave

Post by jonrev »

I still love the Lobster (East River Crawler).
Gurnee Ride Op - 2007
Papas
Yankee Clipper

Post by Papas »

GreatAmerica4ever wrote:Yeah, it is a great ride. I don't understand why they changed the name from the Lobster. That definitely help kill more of the theming in the Yankee Harbor section. :(
It was repainted and name changed to fit in with Batman when it opened.

If your ready to ride the Crawler let me hear ya holler..... :P
GreatAmerica4ever
Yankee Clipper

Post by GreatAmerica4ever »

That is, unfortunately, the decision that stopped the classic themeing of the areas in the park. Since the Batman ride, Yankee Harbor is nothing like the way it used to be! I am just happy that Six Flags didn't ruin the park as Paramount did with the themes!!!