What ride do you miss the most?

General discussion about Marriott's GREAT AMERICA
Mr. D.T.
Yankee Clipper

Post by Mr. D.T. »

The rides and attractions I miss at GA are as follows and I quote: Sky Whirl, Hay Baler, Shockwave, Trailblazer (if they're taking it down), Sadie's No-Chance Hotel, the less-traveled section at Yankee Harbor with the Lighthouse.

Disney World: Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, World of Motion, Journey Into Imagination (old ride), Image Works, Horizons, The 'neighborhood' in MGM Studios' backlot, The Backstage Tour, Kitchen Kabaret/Food Rocks, The Living Seas.

Universal Studios: Kongfrontation

Six Flags St. Louis: None in mind.
"Park Base to Unit 100 and all base stations please be advised.....we have the 4 O'Clock 1085. A. 1.4; B. 23.5; C. 28.7; D. 5.1. The temperature is 77 degrees.
Glorfindel7
Tidal Wave

Post by Glorfindel7 »

tillenterprises wrote:I also miss Z-Force. I liked that ride much more than Iron Wolf. Since Magic Mountain won't be opening it this year, I wish they could bring it back to Gurnee!
I think by now that ride is WAY too old to be any good at GAm (it would be 22 years old by now...) It was a shame because it occupied a very small footprint at GAm and would probably have fit right in...:(
Papas
Yankee Clipper

Post by Papas »

It's being removed from Magic Mountain to be scrapped, it has not run since 2002 and is in way too bad of condition to ever be operable again.
dpxtreme
Tidal Wave

Post by dpxtreme »

Papas wrote:It's being removed from Magic Mountain to be scrapped, it has not run since 2002 and is in way too bad of condition to ever be operable again.
Not quite. Psyclone is being demolished for sure, but the park is not sure if they want to relocate Flashback to somewhere else in the park or scrap it.
jonrev
Tidal Wave

Post by jonrev »

Yes, the park did state that the ride would possibly be reinstalled within the park soon (though scrapping it would be no surprise. the ride is in terrible condition).
Gurnee Ride Op - 2007
Glorfindel7
Tidal Wave

Post by Glorfindel7 »

jonrev wrote:Yes, the park did state that the ride would possibly be reinstalled within the park soon (though scrapping it would be no surprise. the ride is in terrible condition).
It would be interesting to see photos of that if someone had it. How bad a condition is it in? :?:
Papas
Yankee Clipper

Post by Papas »

Yeah in the press release they said it "may be relocated" in the future but thats not true, it wont be.

BTW this pic was taken in 2003:
PGA ROCKS
Tidal Wave

Post by PGA ROCKS »

Eww...that's disgusting.
I miss Tidal Wave
pjm8071
Gulf Coaster

Post by pjm8071 »

One ride that that I credit Six Flags for keeping, even though it was slated for the scrap heap in the past is the Whizzer. It is the one that started me on rollercoasters. I miss Rolling Thunder, and Tidal Wave.
Sing it Rev Bolin... Can I get an AWW YEAH!
redfishpaw
Tidal Wave

Post by redfishpaw »

Eagles Flight / Delta Flyer, Southern Cross, and of course Rolling Blunder... cough cough (just kidding).

Also, Sky Whirl, but I didn't ride it as much in later years. Nice Youtube video, thanks for posting it.

When I was younger I missed Traffique Jam.

Rides I dont miss: Power Dive, Tidal Wave (which I working on briefly in 85) and Shock Wave. I always disliked that ride, it was just a large demon to me. While I'm glad it was taken down, I think another park could have bought it. Supersman: I only rode it once, I guess that is enough.
Mr. D.T.
Yankee Clipper

Post by Mr. D.T. »

Here comes a new ride on the list:

We're all gonna miss Trailblazer now that that's removed from the park.

Thank goodness Triple Play isn't gonna be added to the list anytime soon because they just re-assembled it after a stint last season.
"Park Base to Unit 100 and all base stations please be advised.....we have the 4 O'Clock 1085. A. 1.4; B. 23.5; C. 28.7; D. 5.1. The temperature is 77 degrees.
that_guy
Tidal Wave

Post by that_guy »

>Too bad Cedar Fair didn't come early enough to save Triple Play over here...

Why did they remove Trailblazer? The only problem I can think of is puke....
The rides are GREAT, the shows are GREAT, the fun is GREAT, at Marriott's Great America! REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA, REMEMBER Marriott's GREAT AMERICA!
Mr. D.T.
Yankee Clipper

Post by Mr. D.T. »

Who cares now? Triple Play has been put back together so it's not going anywhere anytime soon.
Papas
Yankee Clipper

Post by Papas »

redfishpaw wrote:Eagles Flight / Delta Flyer, Southern Cross, and of course Rolling Blunder... cough cough (just kidding).
That name is use strictly for Six Flags Great Adventures Rolling Blunder.
Tidal Wave
Willard's Whizzer

Post by Tidal Wave »

Tidal Wave for sure. I love that ride and still do even in its new home at Kentucky Kingdom.