new wooden coaster for Santa Clara for 2009

All about the rides at Marriott's GREAT AMERICA and post-Marriott rides, too
steven
Site Admin

new wooden coaster for Santa Clara for 2009

Post by steven »

It's going to wrap around the Star Tower and will use space formerly occupied by the railroad tracks and Willard's Whizzer. The Pictorium building is not sacrificed for the new coaster. For layout, see:
http://www.screamscape.com/iaapa/html/iaapa_9.htm
Glorfindel7
Tidal Wave

Post by Glorfindel7 »

Fascinating.... Does this mean that they're likely thinking of reopening the Pictorium? :shock:
redfishpaw
Tidal Wave

Post by redfishpaw »

Interesting layout and I like the 3D images. The ride looks like it will be a nice addition to the park. I noticed the old whizzer pond is labled as "pond stays?" with a question mark.
soupkid
Gulf Coaster

Post by soupkid »

I can't decide if I like it. I mean, it takes away from the welcoming openess of Carousel Plaza when you first walk thru the gates. Having this massive wooden coaster looming over you when you first walk in, well, just not sure if I like it.
Security Officer/Dispatcher 1986-1988
Park Services Tool Crib 1985
Angry_Gumball
Gulf Coaster

Post by Angry_Gumball »

It's better than having office buildings next to you when you walk in...I'd rather have the feeling of being at a theme park (by hiding the buildings) than feel like I'm in some industrial plaza. Really, it's not going to be any different than having Roar or V2 looming overhead upon entering SFDK.
Tidal Wave
Willard's Whizzer

Post by Tidal Wave »

I will like it, I have never ridden a GCI that I haven't loved. Sure beats an Indoor Mack coaster for Six Flags Great America.
benzo41190
Gulf Coaster

Post by benzo41190 »

This coaster is going to get Cedar Fair syndrome by its first season. By 2009, the ride will be going as slow as possible and will get really rough.