Interesting Idea

General discussion about Marriott's GREAT AMERICA
dpxtreme
Tidal Wave

Interesting Idea

Post by dpxtreme »

I just had an interesting idea. I was thinkin that once SFGam opens for the season, we could do a Great America tour. What I mean by that is people can take pictures at CGA and SFGam from the same perspective for comparisson. For example: take a shot of Orleans Place from the iron gates from both parks to see how similar and different they are. And also other places such as the the beginning of the bridge in Yukon Territory facing Yankee Harbor, and maybe even pictures or an onride video of Loggers Run (or any other ride that both parks currently have) and see the similarities and differences. And we can put them side by side .

Good idea?
ttd rox
Yankee Clipper

Post by ttd rox »

That's a great idea! :D I never thought of that. It would be neat how the same section looks at both parks and see what's still similar and what has changed over the years. Good thinking!
Whatta day! Whatta place!

Top 3 Coasters: 1. The Incredible Hulk 2. Maverick 3. Dragon Challenge (Fireball)
Glorfindel7
Tidal Wave

Post by Glorfindel7 »

That's actually been done a few years ago... but I don't remember exactly which site has the photos????
redfishpaw
Tidal Wave

Post by redfishpaw »

yankee Clipper91
Willard's Whizzer

Post by yankee Clipper91 »

That website does a great comparison of the two theme parks. Someone should do one for the 2008 season.
RIP Sky Whirl (1976-2000)
ttd rox
Yankee Clipper

Post by ttd rox »

I think SFGAm was still the best because it looked more classic. We should still do a 2008 comparison though!
Whatta day! Whatta place!

Top 3 Coasters: 1. The Incredible Hulk 2. Maverick 3. Dragon Challenge (Fireball)
GreatAmerica4ever
Yankee Clipper

Post by GreatAmerica4ever »

It would be great if we can still get some classic pictures from members of the 1970's and 80's! I have never been at the Santa Clara park and would still love to see pictures of how different the park was from Gurnee.

All members....go find and then upload your pics! ;)
Mike & Morgan
Gulf Coaster

Post by Mike & Morgan »

Great find! Enjoyed the pics! I may have some from the 80s. I will see if I can dig them up and post them
yankee Clipper91
Willard's Whizzer

Post by yankee Clipper91 »

When I go this year I take some pictures.
RIP Sky Whirl (1976-2000)